MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing Lumen Software Video Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Author Announcing Lumen Software Video Synthesizer
johnwynberg
Not sure if you have watched the video above, but in case you haven’t…

Jason mentions that he’s working on a Lumen HD, not sure if that’s what you mean by Lumen 2 @Virusinstaller, or how different it would be from the current version of Lumen (apart from the HD resolution, of course). [I wish there would be something like NI Blocks for video synthesis, but I suppose there is no market enough for a development at such a scale.]

If I remember correctly, Jason also mentions a PC version, @Branko, but since I have no interest on such a version, I didn’t pay much attention.

As for “audio reactivity”, @blabberbytes, he mentioned he had been working on it, but it was buggy, so he decided not to implement it for the current version of Lumen. Apparently he’s still working on it. In the meantime, as he showed in the video, it’s possible to get Lumen to react to audio through MIDI.

Having said all that, he seems to work alone, there doesn't seem to be a company or a team behind Lumen, so all those plans can happen any time soon or take another year, who knows.
shoottofill
so has anyone used a MIDI controller with Lumen? Just started messing around with it and immediately want a controller. Will pull the trigger once the HD update comes out for Lumen. But i wanted to see if anyone had any experience with a controller and Lumen and if so, do you have any recommendations?
Matos
Cheap korg nanokontrols work well. Mrk 1 is best but the newer version also works well.
Agawell
I've used a beatstep pro to wiggle with and I also have a doepfer 16 channel cv to midi cc module that I use a lot

must try them combined at some point
shoottofill
Agawell wrote:
I've used a beatstep pro to wiggle with and I also have a doepfer 16 channel cv to midi cc module that I use a lot

must try them combined at some point

oh, like in a way to have CV control over LUMEN?

thats kinda brilliant.
Agawell
yeah kind of a pia to set up and control in lumen and I find attenuators before the cv->midi converter are really helpful

addac also do a module for this which is currently available, the doepfer is discontinued, but can be found used for a good price

also I use a lzx sensory translator to add audio reactivity to both lumen and other lzx modules, which are being fed by the outputs from lumen which in turn has a webcam pointed at the tv screen
tau_seti
Any idea of how the fractally "Black Lotus" or "Electric Consciousness" patches are made in Lumen?
johnwynberg
tau_seti wrote:
Any idea of how the fractally "Black Lotus" or "Electric Consciousness" patches are made in Lumen?

Not sure I understand your question, since, if you click on the Patch tab, you can clearly see how Lumen has been patched, and on the Knobs tab, the settings for each knob. Although everything contributes to the final patch, those two patches seem tot rely heavily on the K.Scope, Trails and an XOR.
tau_seti
Well, I suppose it would have been too much for me to RTFM.

Thanks! I’ll do that now!

Lumen’s definitely a very different animal than my LZX modules.
floris
what midi controller would you suggest that can connect to all the knobs?

update: probably a Behringer ROTARY BCR2000 Total-Recall USB/MIDI Controller with 32 Illuminated Rotary Encoders would work for this?
jpeterman
Does anyone here know if audio reactivity has been developed yet? So that it syncs with audio?
Agawell
hahahaa

no - best place to check is the paracosm slack

iirc hd ouptut and windows appear to have got higher priority

if you really want audio reactivity now then the only real options are coding something yourself in praxis_live or max or similar or using a cv to midi cv eurorack module and an lzx sensory translator

I use the lzx sensory translator and a doepfer a192-1 (which is discontinued and can be very reasonably priced used)

the only alternative I know of to the doepfer is from addac, but is quite a bit dearer for not a great deal extra functionality
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Page 5 of 5