MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing Lumen Software Video Synthesizer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author Announcing Lumen Software Video Synthesizer
maxheadwound
sendhelp wrote:
is there an exact date yet?

Rockin' Banana! Just made the announcement! (link)
geronimo
Good price to!
Tenderosa
I know this got derailed by Capitan for a while, but anyone heard any news of it being back on the horizon again?
Dirty_Bill
Tenderosa wrote:
I know this got derailed by Capitan for a while, but anyone heard any news of it being back on the horizon again?

According to the Facebook page about a month ago, they're writing up the manual and release is, er, well, 'soon.

Lumen Guide (parts)
kjellb
The manual says Lumen can process video from a webcam, but does not say anything about external video. Does this mean that it does not recognize video cards?
Dirty_Bill
Can't reply authoritatively as I don't have access to the app, however, if the camera shows up in OSX ('like' a webcam), or another App sees it that supports Syphon, you should be able to get the feed or camera video in.
maxheadwound
Hey there! Yes, things definitely did get derailed by El Capitan, but everything's all back on the rails now. I'm not going to announce a release date until it's 100% ready to go, but the only things left to work on are a Demo Mode and a non-teaser website/ e-store. The preset library is complete and looking so so good. Over 150 patches from 10 different artists. I can't wait to get this out there in everyone's hands.

And just because, here's a GIF I made yesterday while testing bouncing Lumen's output to VHS:

Thanks for your patience, everyone! <3
-Jason
maxheadwound
Dirty_Bill wrote:
Can't reply authoritatively as I don't have access to the app, however, if the camera shows up in OSX ('like' a webcam), or another App sees it that supports Syphon, you should be able to get the feed or camera video in.

Yep! Anything that shows up like a webcam or a Syphon stream already works great with Lumen. We'll be adding support for other video I/O options over time, most likely starting with Blackmagic products.
Matos
Yeah! Glad to hear some news. Looking good.
cskonopka
maxheadwound wrote:
Dirty_Bill wrote:

Yep! Anything that shows up like a webcam or a Syphon stream already works great with Lumen. We'll be adding support for other video I/O options over time, most likely starting with Blackmagic products.

Thank you for adding Syphon! This truly extends the hand of the concept into OpenGL territory with jit.gl.mesh and jit.gl.video, just to name a few. Very very excited about the potential. hyper hyper hyper
Tenderosa
Excellent, what great news, looking forward to it.
healingproperties
this looks awesome and powerful SlayerBadger!
samn
any plans for a Windows release? Do macs even have video outputs anymore? xD
Dirty_Bill
samn wrote:
any plans for a Windows release? Do macs even have video outputs anymore? xD

Don't know about the Windows version, but Macs can have multiple video outs via Thunderbolt and DVI...
Dirty_Bill
Release date, anyone want but my hardware synth? hihi

Lumen Release Date
FetidEye
looking forward trying this out!
it's like a gateway drug to modular video synthesis

hey Bill, i'd like to butt your videosynth w00t
Dirty_Bill
FetidEye wrote:

Damn Autocorrect!
maxheadwound
Dirty_Bill wrote:
FetidEye wrote:

Damn Autocorrect!

LOL! Also, I should mention that Lumen pairs quite nicely with analog video equipment if you use something like a cheap HDMI->RCA adapter to get the video out of your computer.
colorsinwaves
Effing awesome! Very impressed applause

Was expecting the osc's to make sound too though.
maxheadwound
colorsinwaves wrote:
Effing awesome! Very impressed applause

Was expecting the osc's to make sound too though.

Thank you! Not yet, but maybe someday Mr. Green
huron
Grabbed the demo. Very very cool. Was looking for something to add visuals to my live show. Interested in the MIDI and Audio control that's coming soon.
esko997
Just picked this up tonight, totally love this thing, made a quick demo of some of the stuff I did if anyone is interested. Music is just messing around on the Eurorack:

kjellb
I see it recognizes Blackmagic, but I do not get anything piped through. Anyone had any success?
v8media
I've been playing with this a fair bit over the weekend. I think you're going too need Black Syphon to set the input or output of your BlackMagic device: http://vdmx.vidvox.net/blog/black-syphon.

kjellb wrote:
I see it recognizes Blackmagic, but I do not get anything piped through. Anyone had any success?
colorsinwaves
maxheadwound wrote:

Thank you! Not yet, but maybe someday Mr. Green

Midi control will be perfect!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5