MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Octave switching on the Blacet VCO
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Octave switching on the Blacet VCO

werock

I've never really found interesting ways of using the octave switching input on the Blacet VCO, but I just happened to stumble upon some demo videos which really show the usefulness of it:

http://niroke.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/octave-switching-blacet-research- vco2100.html

Some good tricks being employed there, especially examples 2 & 3.

chamomileshark

I've used it to double the speed of a sequence - sending some kind of pulse (in my case a gate pulse from a Wiard 300 sequantizer) - send that to the +/- octave and then have the VCO running at it's lowest frequencies and using the square wave to clock that sequantizer.

Morley

Interesting blog that guy has.
I have overlooked Blacet, but maybe a small rack would be useful..

Cat-A-Tonic

Morley wrote:
Interesting blog that guy has.
I have overlooked Blacet, but maybe a small rack would be useful..

You can build most Blacet with Bananas to interface more conveniently with your Fenix etcetera.

About the VCO octave switch...
Using pulse dividers,
and CV programmers like the BugBrand Touch Panels
are my go to sources.
The Micro LFO has that handy gated reset too.

DGTom

Gate output of the Bug Touch is great for this! Can get really expressive riffage with some slew'd pressure CV to VC waveform combined with octave jumps as you hold notes.

Also, two closely tuned Blacet VCOs, PWM outs of each into the others Octave +/- & get freaky with the wave modulation!!

Tubeampguy

hmmm.....

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1