MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

FM comparison between AFG and m15
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author FM comparison between AFG and m15
consumed
here's a little audio comparison between the AFG and m15.
hope this is useful or interesting.

http://loopcycle.blogspot.com/2008/08/linear-fm-comparison-between-afg -and.html
Kent
Hot damn! That M15 sounds right up my alley. Totally rockin.
felix
It is actually, it's been a while since I've heard M15, but it matches my memory pretty well.

I don't know what it is, but I never did like the sound of the Saw FM'd on the M15. I can't put my finger on it, because it sounds cool, but at the same time, there's something about the timbre that just grates against my ears... confused Overall though, I would say I definitely prefer the overall FM sound of the M15, particular the standard sine on sine action (although Anti-Matter Sine from the AFG as a modulator sounds pretty rad).

I know what you mean about the AFG not responding well to modulation sources that are of higher frequency than itself, it has some weird results when doing that with Sync as well. You get these weird "glitches", which I think could end up being really cool, if a patch were able to time these into a rhythm of some sort.

Speaking of AFG Sync, have you listed to the Sync Out? It's basically just a square wave, but it sounds different than the regular Square wave out. And, speaking of that, I think it's so fucking cool to have a dedicated Sync output, so you aren't using up one of your normal outputs. Yay Mike!
wetterberg
Isn't the sync out a pulse out? Like 25% or something? I thought that was how it usually went?
felix
Yeah it might be. I haven't looked at it on a scope yet.
zerosum
Damn thats evil! SlayerBadger!
pristak
Now you are making me want a model 15 too.

I don't have any money left....

or credit...
flts
felix wrote:
(although Anti-Matter Sine from the AFG as a modulator sounds pretty rad).

I noticed that yesterday too, FMing RS95e with the anti matter sine = mad delicious.
felix
wetterberg wrote:
Isn't the sync out a pulse out? Like 25% or something? I thought that was how it usually went?

Turns out it's just a really loud (louder than all the other outputs) saw wave. Downward ramp.
wetterberg
felix wrote:
wetterberg wrote:

Turns out it's just a really loud (louder than all the other outputs) saw wave. Downward ramp.
nice to have a Saw Down in there, but uhm... I don't get why it's not a pulse, hehe. confused
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1