MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Videos of people patching from scratch?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Videos of people patching from scratch?
wminor
Can anyone recommend any good videos of people patching from scratch?

I'm as interested in the thought process people go though and the way they approach patching as I am in the details of the patch they end up with. Feels like I could be more deliberate about my patching process sometimes.
flx
I sometimes record videos like that ... although it has been a while and I should really do more.

Here's the thread:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120273&highlight=
aen
I've got one "waiting in the wings" on youtube, but it's a dead simple patch, meant for beginners.

I would also be interested in seeing some start-to-finish video.

flx wrote:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120273&highlight=

Dude. Yes.
Dcramer
I also do some pretty detailed patch explanations This is fun! some are just little techniques that can be used anywhere but some are fully generative spaghetti monsters complete with patching charts w00t check em out thumbs up
General_Dimi
And if you're not into their videos, I've been working on my own patching as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBTFjASrnnM
JohnLRice
I made one once . . .but I wouldn't call it "good" oops

David's (Kindredlost) has a better one:
vgermuse
Here is one on a Serge

Here on a Buchla

AlanP

Skip to 12:30 or so. It's quite good, he talks about the process as he does it.
wminor
Awesome - loads to watch! nanners

Thanks a lot folks!
eole
Never thought about it.
It's a good idea.

thumbs up
The Junglechrist
I take the liberty to dig out this old topic as we started to make some videos of patching with a friend recently. I guess it might be of some interrest to some people here :

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-spjnfR3imr7pAJH7q8iqgj85-u1gh Gw

Some of the last we did as an exemple :

frated
Very useful. Thanks!
nickgrys
Studio Time with Junkie XL has some really interesting videos patching on a huge 5U rig.

moremagic
nickgrys wrote:
Studio Time with Junkie XL has some really interesting videos patching on a huge 5U rig.

i always patch from scratch and the thought of unplugging all my cables from a whole wall like that is the main thing thats kept me confined to 2x104HP in euro. just looking at it makes me feel a twinge of dread lol
The Junglechrist
Here is a funny one I just found on an Easel :

Fastus
Always thought the best approach would be AFTER developing a great complex patch, total spaghetti dinner, you'd shoot a video dismantling that patch, then play in reverse - would look like genius revealed.
cptnal
Modular pr0n! Enjoy the show!
mrtweed
The Junglechrist
Hey there, we have a new one online at Wired Brain :

JohnLRice
Fastus wrote:
Always thought the best approach would be AFTER developing a great complex patch, total spaghetti dinner, you'd shoot a video dismantling that patch, then play in reverse - would look like genius revealed.
thumbs up Good idea! cool
JakoGreyshire
My meager 0-coast krell patch from scratch.. I formatted the video incorrectly... Looks kind of funny.. No verbal descriptions... I like my take on the 0-coast krell patch though.......

cptnal
JakoGreyshire wrote:
My meager 0-coast krell patch from scratch.. I formatted the video incorrectly... Looks kind of funny.. No verbal descriptions... I like my take on the 0-coast krell patch though.......

thumbs up

0-Coast looks like a lot of fun. I sometimes wonder what life would be like now if I'd started with one. And sometimes I don't. No regrets. This is fun!
dooj88
i'm sure vendors have no free time as it is, but a patch from scratch video for new/deeper modules would be a fun promotional tool for sellers and buyers. plus we like hearing from you Hug

divkid does this kind of thing in his videos, and it's great.. though not quite to the level of detail we're talking about in this thread.

but something about seeing the thought process behind someone else's patching flow always sets off new lightbulbs and spins off new ideas to try
dooj88
dupe
cptnal
Seconded - nothing like hearing it in action.

Rubadub have done this for a few modules (Pam's, BIA).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2