MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

abstract data graphex noises
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author abstract data graphex noises
onrust nv
I've got an abstract data graphex dynamic gating&rhythm effect (thanx henrik(nrdvrgr).
The simpelest gear setup with it is:
1.DAP sine/square wave generator(source in)
2.Boss DR-220e(audio out/trigger in)
3.Graphex
4.EHX Tube Zipper
This is a real nice&noisy setup(without the EHX it's also very nice)
Dead Banana This is fun!
peh
Hi

Been looking at those Abstract Data products myself but i cannot bear to listen to the godawful demos he has done for them (just think worst techno you have ever heard) .... Any chance you could post a sample of your work with the graphex sometime? Or even explain what it does as I'm none too sure confused

Paul
onrust nv
It's imposible for me to post any sound snippets because of my digibetism.
I hate computers. The only thing that works without any problems is writing stuff on forums. Rage! Dead Banana
onrust nv
The graphex turns your drmcomputer audio into sequence or gating FX. So you can do a synth sound into the source in, and the tigger input(with a drumcomputer) will act as a sequencer or gate or slicer. The volume setting of your drumcomputer will give more dynamics to that sound.
Your bassdrum=harder than a cymbal or highhat. It can give realy strange sequences or stutters. we're not worthy SlayerBadger!
nrdvrgr
I was never patient enought to actually figure it out wink
Thats why I sold it, nice to hear it has come to good use!

I did however keep my Morphex, the green one, as it is really good at mixing two sounds, and totally destroy them in the process... a little like the T-Resonator, but different (and simpler).

(BTW Onrust - got the CD´s, thanks! Will crank them tonight!)
onrust nv
The morphex is the next one I want to have SlayerBadger!
I've e-mailed justin(abtract data) because I didn't know what to put into
the trigger in. The first time I've used my CP-251 cv control unit d'oh! . But with the drumcomputer it had realy more dynamics in the sounds. Got some real weird stuff from it. I've also got the M-resonator that one is also realy good for removing your teeth glaze with sound. Man that one roars my wallpaper of the walls. MY ASS IS BLEEDING
peh
Thanks for the info folks, that does make things clearer. From reading the specs I had thought that the Morphex was some kind of ring -modulator. I might have a closer look at some point. But for now I'm currently awaiting delivery of a CRO-2 box which looks like it will be GOOD screaming goo yo SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo
nrdvrgr
CRO-2 - the missing link between your noiseboxes and your modular.

Love mine!
Mood Organ
nrdvrgr wrote:

Love mine!

Oh - can I get a link?
peh
Mood Organ wrote:
nrdvrgr wrote:

Love mine!

Oh - can I get a link?

http://www.crowphonics.com/

go to the product guide page and its halfway down. I already have a CRO-1 and strongly recommend it if you are looking for a noise box with a LOT more going for it than most.
onrust nv
Got myself a morphex SlayerBadger!
Used it on vocals with a zvex mastotron 3 delays a flanger and a boss GE-21 EQ. Sounded real spacy. It's also easy to totaly destroy every sound you put in itt. But it also has some wierd sweetspots.
Sperrle
can you explain in detail how do you connect that chain? very interesting.
onrust nv
All right:
1. mic
2. Zvex mastotron (as pre amp)
3. danelectro reel echo (effect out and dry out)
4. (reelecho dry out) Tokai TDL-1 delay, Maxon FL-9 flanger
5. Abstract data morphex (reelFX in and tokai/maxon in)
6. (morphex out) boss GE-21 EQ
7. Biyang AD-8 delay
And then twiddle the pots untill you get the sound you like.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1