MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VC Mixer and Quad Buffer modules in 5U MOTM format are done
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Author VC Mixer and Quad Buffer modules in 5U MOTM format are done
pugix
Just finished these.

http://pugix.com/synth/mattson-vc-mixer/
http://pugix.com/synth/mattson-distributor/

The mounting bracket was the tricky part.
werock
Nice work as usual!
dude
your stuff almost always looks even better than what i get from manufacturers. if i ever do any diy, your work will be a chief inspiration.
applause
fluxmonkey
speedy!
mmm
Nicely done, Richard!! Rockin' Banana!

Mattson Mini Modular
fluxmonkey
anybody have a source for 1meg linear 16mm alpha pots w/ push-pull switch? mouser only goes to 500k. you could fit the square/triangle switch to the first 2 oscillators if you could find some...
essex sound lab
Very nice! Planning to do a Quad Gate Delay? I'd love to inherit the panel design you'd come up with. thumbs up
pugix
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! This is fun!

essex sound lab wrote:
Very nice! Planning to do a Quad Gate Delay? I'd love to inherit the panel design you'd come up with. thumbs up


Quad Gate Delay fits nicely into this panel grid. Yes, I've thought about it. So many modules, so little time. I typically build two of everything. I may need another VC mixer first.
mmm
pugix wrote:
Thanks for the compliments, everyone! This is fun!

essex sound lab wrote:
Very nice! Planning to do a Quad Gate Delay? I'd love to inherit the panel design you'd come up with. thumbs up


Quad Gate Delay fits nicely into this panel grid. Yes, I've thought about it. So many modules, so little time. I typically build two of everything. I may need another VC mixer first.


(Psst, Richard, I know where you can get them...) w00t
JohnLRice
Looks awesome, Richard! hyper
mmm
JohnLRice wrote:
Looks awesome, Richard! hyper


John, when are you going to get a chance to breathe so you can come over and stick that 5U EG I posted on another thread into your rack?

Mattson Mini Modular
JohnLRice
mmm wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
Looks awesome, Richard! hyper

John, when are you going to get a chance to breathe so you can come over and stick that 5U EG I posted on another thread into your rack?
Mattson Mini Modular

uuuhhmmm, you mean like yesterday and like this? hihi

mmm
JohnLRice wrote:
mmm wrote:
JohnLRice wrote:
Looks awesome, Richard! hyper

John, when are you going to get a chance to breathe so you can come over and stick that 5U EG I posted on another thread into your rack?
Mattson Mini Modular

uuuhhmmm, you mean like yesterday and like this? hihi



w00t
Uh, yeah.

Good timing, I'm about to put the DIY EG on sale here as a MW only sale. hihi

Awesome job, John. It didn't sound like that sitting on the bench. I guess powering it up and connecting it to other stuff helps a bit d'oh!

Mattson Mini Modular
ach_gott
I'm looking forward to buying a few of these. 8_)
Jason Brock
Wow! Nice sounds there, JLR. And a cool video to go along with.
Henfield
Where did the Dotcom panel come from? I would buy a lot of George's boards if there were Dotcom format panels available for them!
mmm
Henfield wrote:
Where did the Dotcom panel come from? I would buy a lot of George's boards if there were Dotcom format panels available for them!


I made it.
I wanted to show that people can just make whatever panels they want and just mount my boards to them. Thus, the DIY part.

I think I told someone once that they can make a panel out of cardboard and draw graphics on it with a magic marker. The module doesn't care and will still work.

I literally spent around $10 to make that. Well, as long as I counted my labor value as $0 confused But, that's the fun part about DIY. You do it the way you want. It's a labor of love and earns bragging rights 8_)

I ordered some cut aluminum from on-line metals and punched the holes for the components into it.

I drew up the minimal graphics in Adobe Illustrator and printed it out on glossy photo paper, sprayed the back with spray adhesive and stuck it on the aluminum.

I trimmed the holes for the panel components out with an Xacto knife and loaded it up.

I have a picture uploaded to my facebook photo page that shows all of the panel pieces.

I could have sworn I posted pix of both of the EG's I made in Euro and 5U somewhere. Maybe Matrix...I'll go look.

Found them. Bunch of pix of the two panels:
http://matrixsynth.blogspot.com/2009/12/mattson-mini-modular-in-new-mo dular.html

Mattson Mini Modular
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Mattson Mini Modular  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group