MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Cases for CL gear
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Author Cases for CL gear
Putnam87
I'm curious what sorts of cases, if any, you folks are using for travel and/or storage of your CL gear. I'm particularly interested in seeing or hearing about the hard cases you're using (extra protection for these beautiful works of art). But this thread is for posting any interesting/nifty/practical cases for CL gear.

I'm trying to figure out some travel case solutions for my sidrax and cocoquantus 2, together or separately. The flatter the better, and definitely small enough for the overhead compartment. But don't let that dissuade you from sharing your oversized solutions!
mrbloor
I use a wheeled gator mixer case to lug a lot. For the odd gig I tend to wrap CQ & PB in old towels and pack in a bag. Just make sure you protect those knobs from knocks, I had to replace everyone on a Roolz gewei, not difficult but every node or nana socket had to be desoldered just to get at them.
wednesdayayay
jumping on this question is anyone using stands with their CL gear so as to angle it for less neck destruction
Dirty_Bill
Putnam87 wrote:
I'm curious what sorts of cases, if any, you folks are using for travel and/or storage of your CL gear. I'm particularly interested in seeing or hearing about the hard cases you're using (extra protection for these beautiful works of art). But this thread is for posting any interesting/nifty/practical cases for CL gear.

I'm trying to figure out some travel case solutions for my sidrax and cocoquantus 2, together or separately. The flatter the better, and definitely small enough for the overhead compartment. But don't let that dissuade you from sharing your oversized solutions!

I use a big rolling pelican case, with individual pieces wrapped in custom sleeves (only have one for the Coco now) and bubble wrap. It's too big for the overhead.

Reworked trumpet cases perhaps?
Putnam87
So far, I've been using a sort of non-waterproof pelican knockoff with a deep foam padding, but I don't like how tall it is. I have a clarinet case with all the molding ripped out, but would need to throw in some foam to pad the CL gear.

wednesdayayay wrote:
jumping on this question is anyone using stands with their CL gear so as to angle it for less neck destruction

I've been wondering if these stands might work: http://cremacaffedesign.com/projects/spike/

Maybe not for a sidrax/tetrax/etc because of the way one plays these instruments, but for coco and plumbutter.
asteroid anxiety
I use a Diago pedalboard case with them velcroed in place.
xahdrez
Just wanted to bring this thread back from the ether - I've been doing a few gigs with ciat lonbarde gear, and am still looking for a case solution! I feel like there must be some sort of sleeve out there with foam padding that would work for plumbutter 2 or tetrax? Anyone found any other solutions since this thread was last active? Thanks!
Hainbach

I use this Peli knock off case with a pedalboard I built from scrap wood. Can travel patched, except for one ground jack. Documented the whole thing on instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/BLwZcsJDe12/?taken-by=hainbach101
xahdrez
Thanks! Will take a look! I've been thinking more about a fitted padded bag (sure I read someone was using a drum stick bag for plumbutter??) but maybe this is a better way to go
Hainbach
The EHX Pedalbag works also well, unless you do heavy travelling.
xahdrez
Ah yes, that's what I was thinking! Thanks! Probably need to go more robust I'm the long term, but this is probably better than just bubble wrap for now
Doublecoolbossman
Necrobump with seahorse case.
][/img]
emssynthilover
Doublecoolbossman wrote:
Necrobump with seahorse case.
][/img]

Love this yellow case!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Ciat-Lonbarde  
Page 1 of 1