MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Presenting: Crowminius
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 [all]
Author Presenting: Crowminius
JanneI
I removed the R177 (between VCF and VCA) and took audio out of this point, it's normal level, so the low level output -problem has to be somewhere in the VCA, right?
JanneI
Vca is current controlled, right? Anyway to test separate sections? +10v & -10v points are ok. Loudness t->ts jumpered, (+7,3v). Vca trimmers have effect, env works. Only the output is low level, even the A440. What should I look for?
JanneI
Ok, I think I found the problem. R194&R195 should be 8.2ohm and I have 8k2. Oops eek!

Yes, that was it! I didn't find 8.2ohm so I used 10ohm. Still much closer than 8k2 hihi applause
ElSmurf
JanneI wrote:
Ok, I think I found the problem. R194&R195 should be 8.2ohm and I have 8k2. Oops eek!

Yes, that was it! I didn't find 8.2ohm so I used 10ohm. Still much closer than 8k2 hihi applause

Glad to see you figured it out!
JanneI
ElSmurf wrote:
JanneI wrote:

Glad to see you figured it out!

Yes, learned a lot! Still one thing to fix, b50k for modmix (vr9) and used bom for laying out components so I used 24k, not 47k as it says on the schematic. It would really be nice if bom would also include these option, both on pot and resistor rows
mutronic
Aside from the stand-alone components, does the eurorack BOM differ that much from the stand-alone BOM for the crowminius?
Staticcharge
mutronic wrote:
Aside from the stand-alone components, does the eurorack BOM differ that much from the stand-alone BOM for the crowminius?

Did you get any response for this question?
I've just bought the v1.3 Eurorack kit from Modular Addict and there is little to no info on the DIY Euro build.

Additionally, The main boards are, as far as I know, the same boards for the stand alone.
mutronic
I didn't get a response to that question, but I figured out you have to do some excel wizardry and convert the csv files to make the BOMs they have posted on Modular Addict legible.
Staticcharge
mutronic wrote:
I didn't get a response to that question, but I figured out you have to do some excel wizardry and convert the csv files to make the BOMs they have posted on Modular Addict legible.

I think it's saved in an old version of Excel, but your right, after a little editing it does become clearer. I have the v1.3/1.31 version, have you got the same? Also the ATTINY85 IC does it require firmware?
Staticcharge
Troubleshooter wrote:
Finished the faceplate and measured and milled out some mod wheels

I'd really like to see this once complete, looking good so far.
evengravy
Hey Crow. I'm (slowly) building my 1.12 board and have some matched TIS97 transistors that I'd like to use in the ladder filter section. Apart from the orientation which is reversed from the 2N3904s the capacitors seem to be the same. Am I correct in thinking that I'll have to swap out the three 150R resistors for 220R if using TIS97.

I'd like to get the filter as close as possible to the original and I have these transistors anyway so I'd like to use them,

Thanks a lot, John

edit: oh, it looks like they're 150R in the original too...I'll just pop these in reversed then, the curve tracer shows quite a difference in characteristics between the 2N3904 and TIS97
ElSmurf
Hoping someone still reads this thread, here's 3 issues I still have with my crowminius

1. All 3 square waves are asymmetrical, being 47-53%. All components surrounding the LM393Ns are correct. Is this normal? If not, what could be the issue?

2. The output signal looks very different on scope than the actual waveforms pre-filter, all are sloped and rounded. VCF and VCF Range trimmer are open. Is this normal behavior? If not, what could be the issue?

3. The Zero trimmer on OSC2 is maxed out but doesn't get the osc high enough for tuning with the osc2 tuning knob in the middle. I'm assuming lowering the value for R53 would remedy this, is this correct?

Thanks in advance!
Troubleshooter
Hi StaticCharge. Here it is.

It has a few extra bells and whissles like an extra LFO as found in the Moog Reissue. It also has a tune pot on the back for the fixed frequency of VCO3 so you if you switch of the keyboard following of VCO3 you don't have to disturb the bigger VCO3 tuning pot and you can simply play the "OSC 3 CONTROL" switch in a musical way...Velocyty is patchable in the back to whatever you whant and it has an attenuator on the back. I have also built in a distortion cirquit located in the external input (true bypassable) great for making the filter feedback trick a bit more interesting sounding. Sonicaly the synth matches the reissue perfectly. You have to match it by ear however not by sight. The range of the pots it a bit diffrent here and there.

-
ElSmurf
Gorgeous build, Troubleshooter we're not worthy
Troubleshooter
ElSmurf wrote:
Gorgeous build, Troubleshooter we're not worthy

Thanks, about your 3 problems: I wouldn't care much about the unsymetrical waveform neither would I worry about the shape after the filter. If the results sound fine it's OK. Changing the resistor as you suggested is also the best solution for your scaling problem. If you need me to make some measurements for your reference (voltages, waveshapes) then please specify on what components and in what controlpanel setting, notes etc... I will make them if I can reach them on the component side.
Boogie
Troubleshooter
Great, Beautifull, etc. etc... we're not worthy

I must admit I didn't read all 40 previous pages, so maybe my question is already answered, but may I ask where you got the keyboard from ?

Thanks
Boogie
Troubleshooter
Boegie

I bought the key bed and midi electronics @ newgroove.it
https://www.newgroove.it/vendita/doepfer-mke-fatar-49tp9s-tastiera-4-o ttave-cable-set/

I had to cut out the 5 lowest keys to go from 49 to moogs 44 key. It's Not too hard to do that.

Are you planning to build my clone? I have vector drawing available in DXF format. (Done everything on my DIY CNC). PM me if you want those.
Boogie
Troubleshooter

Great work you did on a DIY CNC.

I am mainly looking to buy key beds.
Thanks for sharing the URL info. Chugging Beers
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 [all]
Page 41 of 41