MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Presenting: Crowminius
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next [all]
Author Presenting: Crowminius
nvining
Oh, that sounds lovely.

Any chance of getting the Power Supply That Doesn't Suck as an Arduino shield on its own (in some form or flavour?) It would be VERY nice for prototyping things to have a good +/-12V (or whatever we're running on here) power supply, and an Arduino, all on the same board.
JohnLRice
Impressive work Mr. Old Crow sir! we're not worthy
brother303
Indeed, very cool!

Respect!

Guinness ftw!
seepaxton
This sounds excellent!! How do you rate the build process, would you say it a particularly hard build?? Is there lots of matched transistors and tempcos to worry about
nidas
Awesome ! Looking forward to start with this.
oldcrow
The build, while tedious, is not bad. There are no esoteric parts here, except possibly for the reverse-log taper pots and those are at Small Bear and other vendors. There are three surface-mount temperature-compensation resistors which I got from Digikey. These are the only SMT parts on the board, and I provide through-hole pads as an alternate. The four LM3046/3086 transistor arrays are the only matched transistors.

--Crow
/**/

seepaxton wrote:
This sounds excellent!! How do you rate the build process, would you say it a particularly hard build?? Is there lots of matched transistors and tempcos to worry about
ThecureForSin
What's the footprint? Just considering an actual case. Or if you'd be kind enough to share the file for your top layer to get all position.... hihi
oldcrow
It is 8.5" x 11" (216mm x 280mm). I use a small aluminum attache case similar to http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Spring-2014-Aluminum-Frame-Briefcase-Fa shion-ABS-Solid-Portable-Men-Attache-Case-Portfolios-Organizer-Men-Bri efcase/1797514832.html

I have a wooden insert in the case to mount to board.

--Crow
/**/

ThecureForSin wrote:
What's the footprint? Just considering an actual case. Or if you'd be kind enough to share the file for your top layer to get all position.... hihi
ultravox
If I didn't already own a Voyager I'd be all over this!!

Nice work Mr. Crow!
tIB
Outstanding! applause
timothyjr
oh wow yesssssss. between this and the crOwBX you're getting me very excited.
gwaidan
Lovely demo-sounds very promising!
Noiseconformist
Great project, as always! applause
I'd love to hear some percussive sounds across its audio range, recorded completely dry.
General_Dimi
Killing it! Very nice, looks like a fantastic excuse to get into more DIY stuff.
msghmr
When can we buy a board?!?! hyper
oldcrow
I am finalizing the board revisions to submit at the end of this week. I figure they will be back from the board house mid-April. I am currently building online BoM lists at Digikey and Mouser to make a parts order more efficient.
Total for the parts from Digikey/Mouser is just under US$190. More later.

--Crow
/**/
colorbars
$190 for parts, $100 for pcb... A minimoog for under $300 we're not worthy
crustibooga
Tasty - very tasty! applause
paulstone
Great project thumbs up
interested in making one
Dude163
Ill get one!

Will the PCBs etc be available in time for my 50th bday in July!

cheers

D163
Altitude909
outstanding. a DIY moog project of this scope is exactly what the world needs.
latigid on
And funnily enough, not one but two!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126711

The version of M. Delgoulet seems to have the more traditional layout, no offence to M. Crow but the knobs look a bit too tightly spaced?
mOBiTh
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
oldcrow
I'd heard of this, one reasons why I didn't go for a euro-style build on Crowminius. I had a different idea in mind, which is the great thing about DIY. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

My controls are tightly spaced, a constraint of the aluminum case that got me to devise this thing. In practical use I've not found it a real problem though. I wanted a portable, self-contained machine and here it is. w00t

I might make a larger control panel board that would connect to the main board through friction-lock headers for each control position except the rotary switches which would need harnesses. We'll see. I need to get rev1.1 boards stocked first. --Crow

/**/

latigid on wrote:
And funnily enough, not one but two!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126711

The version of M. Delgoulet seems to have the more traditional layout, no offence to M. Crow but the knobs look a bit too tightly spaced?
oldcrow
I'll have them in mid-to-late April. Working out the final entries of the online shareable project BoMs at the moment. Folks will be able to login to Digikey, select my Crowminius v1.1 BoM and order it. Same for Mouser. --Crow

/**/

Dude163 wrote:
Ill get one!

Will the PCBs etc be available in time for my 50th bday in July!

cheers

D163
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 36, 37, 38  Next [all]
Page 2 of 38