MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

CV Toolkit 2.8 - Now available!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author CV Toolkit 2.8 - Now available!
icaroferre
UPDATE:

CV Toolkit 2.8 is now available.

For more information, visit http://spektroaudio.com/blog/2017/9/15/cv-toolkit-28-is-now-available.

---------

Hey wigglers!

As some of you may already know, the new CV Toolkit 2.0 is now available!

I basically decided to re-write and re-design the entire application so I could add many of the features that people have been asking me for. It was a tremendous amount of work but I'm really excited about this new version.
This is what's new in CV Toolkit 2.0: new slot system (you can now load any module to any slot and load multiple instances of the same module), voicing modes (including 4x Monophonic, Paraphonic and Polyphonic!), internal Gate and Pitch buses (so you can, for example, use a Clock Generator module to trigger a Sequencer module etc), Layouts, Scale Editor, Module Packs, Utility Rack (including 4 CV to MIDI CC converters so you can use it with MIDI-enabled synths and FX units), support for the littleBits USB I/O module, and many other minor additions and changes.

All the details about this new version are available at http://www.spektroaudio.com/blog/2015/3/31/introducing-the-new-cv-tool kit-2.
There's also an overview video available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfobb2UP3w4.

Existing customers will get 2.0 for free including the factory module pack however since some of the modules available in the previous versions (3 to be exact) are now part of the Deluxe Pack, they'll have to buy the Deluxe Pack to get those 3 modules (which have been update to the new format) plus 6 more modules.
More details about the upgrade path are also available on that blog post.

CV Toolkit continues to be priced at U$19.99 and the Deluxe Pack is priced at U$9.99 and they're both available at http://spektroaudio.com/cv-toolkit-standalone.

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the app and I'll try to answer them asap! smile

PS: Sorry for creating a new topic for the new version but since this is a major release and a complete re-write I didn't think it made sense to carry comments about the old version around.
ekwipt
awesome update looks great, will probably buy and import over the easter long break. Congrats on the hard work and new release!
DJFonzi
OK, this might have just talked me into getting the littlebits i/o
ekwipt
is there any chance of creating an AU or VST or fully fledged Max4L instrument?
Entrainer
What are the system requirements for both Mac and PC?

I looked on the site and within the manual but couldn't find them.

Thanks!
icaroferre
ekwipt wrote:
is there any chance of creating an AU or VST or fully fledged Max4L instrument?

I could try to make a MaxforLive version but I'm not sure if it'd be worth it. As an indie developer, it'd be very hard for me to keep different plugin formats updated and in good shape. That'd also end up increasing the overall cost of the app and that's something that I want to avoid as much as possible.

A second problem with making a plugin version is that I'd be limited to either 2 outputs only or a multi-channel output plugin and I don't really like that idea. hihi

By keeping CV Toolkit as a standalone app, I can keep the app more affordable, have access to all the 8 outputs at once so you don't have to keep re-configuring the app every time you wanna use it, and I only have to maintain one version of the software which allows for more improvements etc.

Hope this explanation makes sense smile

Entrainer wrote:
What are the system requirements for both Mac and PC?

I looked on the site and within the manual but couldn't find them.

Thanks!

Hey man! Sorry. For some reason I forgot to add them to the website. d'oh! Should be there now.

- Intel® Mac with Mac OS X 10.7 (or later), OR a PC with Windows 7 (or later)
- Multicore processor
- 2 GB RAM
- 1280×800 display
- Broadband internet connection for Pack Download feature.

While most of the features will work in older OSs, I can't guarantee that all of them will.
adh82
Would you be able to create/release the individual modules as seperate max4live devices?
I would actually kill for an easy 4 voice max4live cv device!!!
Setting up silent way in ableton is too cumbersome, we need a simple way to do polyphony.
icaroferre
adh82 wrote:
Would you be able to create/release the individual modules as seperate max4live devices?
I would actually kill for an easy 4 voice max4live cv device!!!
Setting up silent way in ableton is too cumbersome, we need a simple way to do polyphony.

I could port everything to MaxforLive but its not worth it. The reason why setting up Silent Way in Ableton is too cumbersome is not because of Silent Way but because the way plugins work.
Plugin formats were not designed to easily deal with multiple outputs, receive both MIDI and audio and so on (it's definitely possible but the workflow is a always a pain).
MaxforLive has even more limitations. There's no easy and reliable way to create MaxforLive devices with multiple outputs as well as to send audio back into an Max Instrument device.

In the end, I'd have to strip out the routing matrix, the pitch and gate bus and everything that makes CV Toolkit unique in order to adapt it to MaxforLive (besides all the complexity I'd have to add to enable VCO calibration and so on). confused
loopy.ogden
Just picked up the toolkit and I have some questions. I am running a sapphire pro 40 interface to my ES3 module.

I got it partially to work but only two channels on my es3 I lighting up. Within the settings of the sapphire pro I got all 8 of my adat channels assigned and within toolkit I have it set to channels 1 thru 8...I believe. When I select sequencer in the matrix I can get only the two channels working.

I will post up some pics when I get home.
icaroferre
loopy.ogden wrote:
Just picked up the toolkit and I have some questions. I am running a sapphire pro 40 interface to my ES3 module.

I got it partially to work but only two channels on my es3 I lighting up. Within the settings of the sapphire pro I got all 8 of my adat channels assigned and within toolkit I have it set to channels 1 thru 8...I believe. When I select sequencer in the matrix I can get only the two channels working.

I will post up some pics when I get home.

Hey dude, sorry for the delay (I've been incredibly busy with some stuff and I forgot to check out the thread d'oh!) , did you figure it out?
PM or email me if you still need some help.

---

On a side note, here's the overview video of the new Deluxe Pack:

loopy.ogden
Yes I got everything going. Just some odd behavior that I didn't expect with the settings. I will try to make a list of some of the things that I had issues with this weekend. I will shoot you an email with everything.
icaroferre
Hey guys, just to give you guys an update, we've recently released a brand new module for CV Toolkit: the VBrazil LFO.

We partnered with Vinicius Brazil (the master behind VBrazil Systems) to create an exact virtual clone of the main parts of his MultiLFO eurorack module (down to the same specs and values).

The good news is that it's currently available for free for all CV Toolkit users!

Check out our latest blog post for more information about this new virtual module: https://spektroaudio.com/blog/2015/6/23/2-years-of-spektro-audio

PS: 2 years of Spektro Audio. Thank you guys for the incredible support! SlayerBadger!
Matos
the link is missing the o in audio. Also, how do i download. I purchased but the link takes me to a page with no links?
icaroferre
Matos wrote:
the link is missing the o in audio. Also, how do i download. I purchased but the link takes me to a page with no links?

Thanks for pointing out the typo in the url. Can't believe I missed that. d'oh!

If you already have CV Toolkit, you can just head over to http://www.spektroaudio.com/cv-toolkit-standalone, purchase the module (which is currently free), and you'll get a serial number via email.
Then, open CV Toolkit 2.0 and go to the Packs (on the menubar) and open the Download Packs window. Just paste the serial number and CV Toolkit will proceed to verify and download the pack for that specific serial number.
Matos
Thanks for the help. Will do after dinner. Nom!
icaroferre
Hey guys, we're just released the 2.1 update and a brand new module pack called Beats.

Beats features 5 modules focused on creating gate / trigger signals: Binary Sequencer, Clock Quartet, Gate Sequencer, Sequential Rhythms and VC Random Gates.

Check out the overview video:

The Beats pack is available for U$9.99 at http://spektroaudio.com/cv-toolkit-standalone

The new CV Toolkit 2.1 update fixes some of the bugs we’ve found since the release of CV Toolkit 2. This new update also fixes problems related to the ESX-4CV and ESX-8CV modules and adds enhancements to the CV to MIDI CC Converters (which should make it compatible with MIDI to CV converters such as the Mutable Instruments CV pal)..

Check out our latest blog for more information:
http://www.spektroaudio.com/blog/2015/8/4/new-beats-pack-cv-toolkit-21 -and-complete-bundle

Let me know if you guys have any questions! SlayerBadger!
geecen
Looks great. Also, didn't know about the little bits I/o - must be the cheapest DC coupled audio interface our there!

Does it output modular level signals?
icaroferre
geecen wrote:
Looks great. Also, didn't know about the little bits I/o - must be the cheapest DC coupled audio interface our there!

Does it output modular level signals?

The USB i/o outputs 0-5v so it might not be 100% suitable for modular stuff.
Keep in mind that you'd need a USB i/o and a CV i/o to get the signals out to your modular, you can only use up to 4 of those at the same time, and grouping them together (to work as a single interface) can be quite challenging sometimes.

They might end up being cheaper but in, terms of workflow and experience, I'd suggest saving some money and getting one of the Expert Sleepers modules.
21hertz
Looks very nice! I'm probably getting an ES-3 in the future...

For those using the ES-3:
What does CV Toolkit have that the Silent Way plugins doesn't?
icaroferre
21hertz wrote:
For those using the ES-3:
What does CV Toolkit have that the Silent Way plugins doesn't?

Hopefully other ES-3 users can give some feedback as well but, because I use an ES-3 myself, CV Toolkit was originally designed around the ES-3.
One of the biggest advantages in terms of hardware integration when compared to plugins like Silent Way is that CV Toolkit works as a standalone application allows it to access all 8 outputs of the ES-3 at once and and at all times, without having to do any kind of crazy multi-channel routing (which is a common frustration amongst SW users).
When using the ES-3 with CV Toolkit, you only need to set it up once when you first use the app. After the initial setup, all 8 outputs will be available on the Routing Matrix and you'll be able to route any of the virtual modules to any of the outputs with just a single click. Quite handy. hihi

Let me know if you have any other questions!
deesee
this looks like a must have.

great updates!
Loopy C
Question...could you use this with something like Numerology Pro 4 and Soundflower (i.e. Mac OSX) to access these functions to use with virtual MIDI instruments? It seems 'theoretically' possible but not sure if it would translate 'real world'.

Any thoughts/ideas welcome ;-)
willsanquil
is there a lemur template available for the new release? or are there plans to make one? I have lemur and I plan to buy CV toolkit tomorrow most likely as I'm frustrated with silent way+beap+ableton but I'm rubbish at lemur stuff :\
icaroferre
willsanquil wrote:
is there a lemur template available for the new release? or are there plans to make one? I have lemur and I plan to buy CV toolkit tomorrow most likely as I'm frustrated with silent way+beap+ableton but I'm rubbish at lemur stuff :\

There isn't one yet but I'd love to re-introduce OSC support in the future.
I basically had to remove it because of the way that v2 is completely modular.
V1 used to work well with Lemur because it wasn't 100% modular so I managed to "hack" the Lemur in some ways to display the proper modules etc.
I'll investigate to see if it's possible to dynamically create / destroy objects on the Lemur because that'd be the only way I could bring that feature back.

On the other hand, I might add OSC support even if I can't offer an official template (in other words, I could provide the OSC addresses and you could just create your own custom template quite easily).
icaroferre
Hey guys, I started working on a new video tutorial series for CV Toolkit to try to help users get started with the application.

The first video of this series is now available and it focuses on VCO calibration and MIDI to CV conversion using CV Toolkit. It also demonstrastes how you can create a proper monophonic synth voice using CV Toolkit and any MIDI controller.

Here it is:

Hope you guys enjoy it! SlayerBadger!
Btw, if you have suggestions for future videos, let me know!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5