luna modular - 1st build

From circuitbending to homebrew stompboxes & synths, keep the DIY spirit alive!

Moderators: Kent, Joe., analogdigital, infradead, lisa, parasitk, plord, sduck

scozbor
100th Member!

luna modular - 1st build

Post by scozbor » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:52 pm

In preparation for coming modules I pulled my system apart and re-arranged a bit. Thought it was a good time to take some pics etc.

Somatic Circuits is a nice fellow, starting to make some modules/noise box type things.

Here is my build of his first filter. My first true DIY (pcb +components only) build!
From the website>

"12db per filter , each filter has three 10v CV Modulation in puts with attenuators and Positive and Negative CV switching. The Resonance is Voltege Controlled and has CV Modulation with an attenuator. Acting as a 24db single filter it has 6 frequency modulations and 2 for the Q. This extreme arrangement will allow complex modulations.
Based around 3 OTAs , it has High Pass , Low Pass and Band Pass out . Power is 15+/- and will run happliy of 12v+/-. "

Being a space saving frac user, I only wanted it to be 2 frac panels wide at most. Also I thought 3 cvs for each freq was a bit much, so to save space and fit it all in i only used 2 freq cvs and one res cv. Needless to say it was fucking hard to fit it all in!

It's a bit rough but it's the sound that matters :hihi: . And I'm liking the sound more and more. will post samples soon.

Kwote
Voltage Controlled Crackpot

Post by Kwote » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:38 pm

wow. lookin forward to hearin.
Self expression is as essential as breathing
kwotemusic.com
my other sites

wetterberg
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by wetterberg » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:28 am

yeah man, that looks rad! Looks like the pcb soldering process was pretty straightforward? Let us know a bit more about the process :)

:coffee:

Return to “Music Tech DIY”