MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mannequins' Cold Mac??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Mannequins' Cold Mac??
robvec
Hi patilion

Just checking it out now with a scope (I don't have the CO but used other VCOs:

Bleed - I get something similar. With an input in Left IN and turning survey fully CW - the left out signal does not completely disappear. I added a further offset to survey and actually this increases the signal coming from Left out rather than closing it.

Distortion - I also get this. I can sound quite pleasing.

So I suppose this is normal behaviour.

Please let us know what Mannequins say about it though!
search64
If you think it's unacceptable, I'll happily take it off your hands hihi
patilon
thank you very much for your help robvec! i will!

for some purposes the result is indeed unacceptable.. in this case it´s still possible to attenuate the signals before the inputs.
so far i´m more convinced of three sisters and mangrove than with cold mac. a modul with such a strong "tool"-character
should work in a more flawless and clean way at least for my taste.
robvec
No problem. All of the mannequins modules have their quirks. None of them behave quite how I expected (despite extensive reading...) but each has totally surpassed my expectation in loads of ways. So fun and playable, just like modular should be!
search64
patilon wrote:
thank you very much for your help robvec! i will!

for some purposes the result is indeed unacceptable.. in this case it´s still possible to attenuate the signals before the inputs.
so far i´m more convinced of three sisters and mangrove than with cold mac. a modul with such a strong "tool"-character
should work in a more flawless and clean way at least for my taste.

Right, the offer stands. Let me know if you wish to sell.
patilon
right place for that search64: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=75
loachhat
Think he's on holiday, though doing some creative work wrapping up Just Type and whatever's next while on the road.
patilon
thanks for the information!
patilon
resumee... i wrote three e-mails over the last month - no response.
great support Mannequins..
bobbcorr
patilon wrote:
'

Try Twitter too, I understand he was out of the country for a while.
patilon
never used twitter.. so no idea how this thing works zombie
i doubt it´s expected too much to get an e-mail answered within a month
but as it seems that cold macs behaviour is normal i give it another
month to see if anybody is willing to answer.
jwise
patilon wrote:

Izzy was very responsive to my emails and the servicing of my Just Friends. I know it's said all the time here in the forums, but be patient people. These creators often work outside their modular endeavor as only a few can make livings from this. For those that are also musicians they may be in another country. We are all benefiting from this bespoke industry and as Tim Churches recently more or less said, "This isn't a traditional product designed, manufactured and sold by a single entity -- it's a post-capitalist artifact of the after-hours sharing economy" and we explorers of sound are the winners for it. So give these guys a break and try to be patient, regardless of how impatient we might be to want to play with our amazing toys.
rikrak
Just got my brand new Cold Mac and I see that the panel graphic has changed.

The current manual seems to refer to the old panel (eg under NORMALLED CONNECTIONS, "The panel graphics incorrectly suggest OR(2) is normalled to AND(2)." - which is no longer the case.

The other changes are a (-) on LEFT and (+) on RIGHT and an (S) (to denote normalization to SURVEY) next to FADE, OR(2), AND(2) and SLOPE.
anosou
rikrak wrote:

The current manual seems to refer to the old panel (eg under NORMALLED CONNECTIONS, "The panel graphics incorrectly suggest OR(2) is normalled to AND(2)." - which is no longer the case.

The other changes are a (-) on LEFT and (+) on RIGHT and an (S) (to denote normalization to SURVEY) next to FADE, OR(2), AND(2) and SLOPE.

Interesting! Mind snapping a photo of your new-panel-Cold Mac?
robvec
+1 for a photo

And check out this thread for some interesting patches including how to make your new CM become a noise source, oscillator, wave folder and more w00t

https://llllllll.co/t/cold-mac-ideas/3840/4
mdoudoroff
robvec wrote:

And check out this thread for some interesting patches including how to make your new CM become a noise source, oscillator, wave folder and more w00t

That Cold Mac Ideas thread is just amazing. It’s like a Serge Tcherepnin fever-dream.
anosou
robvec wrote:
+1 for a photo

HOW have I not seen this!? Dead Banana
rikrak
robvec wrote:
+1 for a photo

Great! Thanks for the link!

Here's a photo:

robvec
I know right? My favorite is the noise generator. The great thing is you can still use most of cold macs functions at the same time.

Noise patch:
Patch Crease OUT to Survey
Listen to any output and turn survey - you'll hear white noise kick in at certain points. Different points will have different qualities and each output has a slightly different flavour of noise. Cold quantum rainbow!
anosou
rikrak wrote:
robvec wrote:
+1 for a photo

Great! Thanks for the link!

Here's a photo:

Ah, cool! Thanks for that. I'm thinking about buying a second Cold Mac, one lives in my keyboard rig but I'm missing it in my rack. The new panel actually helps a lot so should probably order direct to make sure I get that.
risome
CMI thread is nice thanks Miley Cyrus
ntkrw
rikrak wrote:

Oh I am gonna buy the Cold Mac, may I know where to get this new panel module?
risome
I guess if you buy one new it will come with the nu panel Miley Cyrus
rikrak
ntkrw wrote:
rikrak wrote:

Oh I am gonna buy the Cold Mac, may I know where to get this new panel module?

I bought mine in the UK from Cymru Beats. Why not email your usual vendor so they can confirm it is from the latest batch.
Aaronautical001
eBerkhout wrote:
There might be a way to do what you're after with it, but Cold Mac is an analogue logic module whereas you'll probably want digital logic to do what you're talking about. That is 'digital' in that the module only takes notice of whether an input/output is on or off, as opposed to a constantly variable voltage where anything above/below a certain level is ignored/inverted/etc.

I've been trying to Understand the logic aspects f cold Mac, and was rereading this thread for insight.

Can anyone explain the difference between analog and digital logic as used above? I'm thinking this might be help me understand the cold Mac logic.

eBerkhout, chime in if you you see this
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 5 of 9