MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mannequins' Cold Mac??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [all]
Author Mannequins' Cold Mac??
fluxsignal
You can also use LOCATION to convert a (slow) bipolar square wave or triangle wave into a sine wave with variable amplitude. The frequency of the input wave will determine the amplitude. Depending on the original location of the survey circuit when the process begins, the output wave might have a DC offset.
insoul8
fluxsignal wrote:
A fun use for LOCATION is a "transition manager."

The basic idea is to offset the LOCATION output by about +5V so the range is around 0-10V. This lets it have no effect on a destination parameter when it is at its minimum, or a controllable (via attenuverters) affect on the parameter when it is at its maximum.

Once you've offset it, patch the offset version to several different parameters around your synthesizer, but ideally pass it through an individual attenuverter first for each parameter.

Set LOCATION so that it ramps to the minimum (the offset version is now outputting around 0V. Use the knobs for the parameters it is connected to set the "deault" preset for each parameter.

Set LOCATION so that it ramps to the maximum (the offset version is now outputting around +10V). Use the attenuverters to set the "alternate" preset for each parameter.

Now you can use the LOCATION input voltage to control how quickly you transition between your two presets. Setting the voltage to 0V will cause LOCATION to freeze in its tracks, leaving you with an interpolation of your two presets.

Something similar can be done with FOLLOW. You don't need to offset the voltage though since it is already 0-5V. In this example, changing the FOLLOW input voltage will simply slew between your "default" and "alternate" presets - default is at 0V input, alternate is at +/- 5V input.

fluxsignal wrote:
You can also use LOCATION to convert a (slow) bipolar square wave or triangle wave into a sine wave with variable amplitude. The frequency of the input wave will determine the amplitude. Depending on the original location of the survey circuit when the process begins, the output wave might have a DC offset.

Thanks for those! I'll certainly give them a try.
Godphaser
Just got mine, what an amazing module!
nomenklature
I just got mine, but was disappointed to discover that the crossfader section doesn't close all the way when passing audio. Has anyone else experienced this?

With separate audio sources patched into Left and Right, and the knob at either extreme, Left and Right outs should only contain one side, but there is a bit of channel bleed.
sutekina bipu-on
nomenklature wrote:
I just got mine, but was disappointed to discover that the crossfader section doesn't close all the way when passing audio. Has anyone else experienced this?

With separate audio sources patched into Left and Right, and the knob at either extreme, Left and Right outs should only contain one side, but there is a bit of channel bleed.

Yeah, it's not meant to completely cut out one side. Either way, i believe its intended behavior.
lisa
nomenklature: hm, I think mine does. Or well, I haven’t noticed any bleed. Is it very pronounced or just a whisper?
nomenklature
lisa wrote:
Is it very pronounced or just a whisper?

it's pretty pronounced, too noticeable to work as an audio crossfader
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [all]
Page 9 of 9