MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mannequins' Cold Mac??
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Mannequins' Cold Mac??
GoneCaving
Monome's teasing us too hmmm.....

https://twitter.com/monomes/status/591245449379651585
Dogma
still a couple of weeks away apparently - we need some audio now please smile
d.thomas
Look like another great design.
adh82
any update?
whimsical
Video today. In stores Friday, including our first Euro retailer, and a new US distro.

"Analog utilities with mixing and patch surveillance"

8HP, $197 USD.
adh82
oh yeah!!!
looking forward to the video It's peanut butter jelly time!
ghrobbing_tristle
"Patch Surveillance" - BRING IT. Can't wait for that video demo...
Dogma
Wheres that video! I want the tripple - and I want to know what it really is
READYdot
^+1
glia
its up

GmbH
Second video and more details are now available Clap
http://www.whimsicalraps.com/pages/coldmac
oootini
a 6 input VC pan/crossfading mixer/full wave rectifier/wave folder.

is that right?
mqtthiqs
Very, very nice. applause
whimsical, I really like your style! All your modules are really unique and innovative, you make surprising and deep modules even out of simple utilities. I can't wait to get this! And the Three Sisters! And...
Btw who is your European distributor?
rupertlally
+1 on everything Mqtthiqs wrote (sorry to keep turning on the same posts as you, buddy - clearly we have similar tastes! ) If I had the cash I'd buy all of the modules straight away.

1 (possibly slightly stupid) question after watching the intro vid 3 times already: the 6 ins are summed out at the Mac out and if no audio is going in the various transfer outs are putting out various types of voltage based on what the survey knob/cv is doing - if you have all the audio ins are in use is what's coming out of the various transfer outs the combination of that particular "linked" audio in signal, plus what the transfer out is doing to it or just a voltage based on the signal/transfer out? (If that makes sense)... Watching the video it seems like the former, rather than the latter... I guess what I'm asking is can I use it to mix 6 sources and use the transfer outs for voltages at the same time?

Anyway, regardless of the answer congrats on another superb-looking module.
Daisuk
Anyone gotten their Cold Mac yet? Looks pretty interesting.
Paranormal Patroler
Question is, how well does this work with CV instead of Audio?
Dogma
It doesnt. Its an audio tool and AC coupled.....DC only o the"survey" which basically sweeps the range....
Paranormal Patroler
Dogma wrote:
It doesnt. Its an audio tool and AC coupled.....DC only o the"survey" which basically sweeps the range....

That would explain the lack of this type of patch on the video. Too bad. I wonder if there exists an equivalent for CV. Plog comes to mind but it's for Gates and it's not nearly as complex. hmmm.....
nearly ghost
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Dogma wrote:

That would explain the lack of this type of patch on the video. Too bad. I wonder if there exists an equivalent for CV. Plog comes to mind but it's for Gates and it's not nearly as complex. hmmm.....

WMD/SSF blender has 1 channel CV cross fade I think. Again not near as complex as cold Mac.
Paranormal Patroler
Nah, nothing similar for CV as far as I can tell. Pitty innit ?
modezart
i bought the whole voice from them. so far so good, mangrove sounds amazing and little sisters was for me the biggest aha effect on a filter since the res4.
cold mac, well so far i use it as a vca with little cv controll. i will dig in deeper since it has a lot of options.
great stuff
thelizard
No, it works with CV as well. The Mac output is AC coupled, so you can't use it as a CV mixer. You can still use it for a lot of processing. I love mine, and sold a bunch of other utility modules that it replaces. The only tough aspect about it is that it doesn't have any LEDs on it, meaning that you'll probably want a scope while you learn it.
nearly ghost
thelizard wrote:
No, it works with CV as well. The Mac output is AC coupled, so you can't use it as a CV mixer. You can still use it for a lot of processing. I love mine, and sold a bunch of other utility modules that it replaces. The only tough aspect about it is that it doesn't have any LEDs on it, meaning that you'll probably want a scope while you learn it.

So you need to take any processed CV from the left corresponding outputs rather than the mac out?
Studio-ES
rupertlally wrote:
+1 on everything Mqtthiqs wrote (sorry to keep turning on the same posts as you, buddy - clearly we have similar tastes! ) If I had the cash I'd buy all of the modules straight away.

1 (possibly slightly stupid) question after watching the intro vid 3 times already: the 6 ins are summed out at the Mac out and if no audio is going in the various transfer outs are putting out various types of voltage based on what the survey knob/cv is doing - if you have all the audio ins are in use is what's coming out of the various transfer outs the combination of that particular "linked" audio in signal, plus what the transfer out is doing to it or just a voltage based on the signal/transfer out? (If that makes sense)... Watching the video it seems like the former, rather than the latter... I guess what I'm asking is can I use it to mix 6 sources and use the transfer outs for voltages at the same time?

Anyway, regardless of the answer congrats on another superb-looking module.

I'm guessing that it's the former? Any ideas? And has the panel labeling changed? The manual says that OR(2) on the panel is labeled as being normalled to AND(2) when it isn't.
Looks complicated but I think I'd like to use the analog logic, the env follower, and wavefolder simultaneously.
whimsical
I just wanted to jump in here and clarify a few misunderstandings. Cold Mac is a pretty densely functional module so I'm not entirely surprised there's some difficulty in understanding it all, especially without having one to use in person.

@rupertlally
The CV outputs (pattern shaded jacks) are the primary function of the module. If you attach audio-rate inputs they will also be available at the MAC output through a master VCA. This means you can make complex arrangements where a number of audio inputs are fed into the left-column and summed to MAC, but additional DC inputs can also be fed in. These DC control signals won't appear at MAC output, but will affect the individual functions they're connected to.

There's a huge amount of complex interaction available here, and it definitely takes some getting familiar with, but it's opened up a lot of deep interactive capability within my system.

@Paranormal Patroler
The entire design is DC-capable except for the audio-mixing VCA output on the MAC jack. The remaining 8 outputs are all DC capable. The 'Patch Surveillance' idea is all about generating CV across all 8 outputs relative to the state of SURVEY.

I don't have a clear image of the type of patch you are talking about when you say the demo video isn't showing it. Do you mean something like a sequencer in one channel, crossfading into an LFO on another channel? I'd love to put together a new video demonstrating this kind of functionality, but want to make sure I've got a good grip on what you're looking for.

@nearly ghost
All the right-column jacks and the two centre-bottom jacks are outputs. They're indicated by the patterned background surrounding each one. All of these jacks are DC capable, and only the MAC output is AC-coupled only.

@Studio-ES
The panel labeling has not been changed as we're still using the first batch of plates. It's an unfortunate misprint, but easily fixed with a stackcable if you want to shift both OR & AND reference points in parallel.

////

Thanks for the feedback all, I'm thinking about how I can better express these concepts in the manual and videos so there's less confusion, and more excitement about this module! It's changed the way I patch, and I'm anxious for others to have that same feeling...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 2 of 9