Mannequins' Cold Mac??

Cwejman, Livewire, TipTop Audio, Doepfer etc... Get your euro on!

Moderators: lisa, luketeaford, Kent, Joe.

fluxsignal
Learning to Wiggle

Post by fluxsignal » Mon May 13, 2019 10:42 am

You can also use LOCATION to convert a (slow) bipolar square wave or triangle wave into a sine wave with variable amplitude. The frequency of the input wave will determine the amplitude. Depending on the original location of the survey circuit when the process begins, the output wave might have a DC offset.
Signal / Flux is an IRL and URL resource that aims to expand access to and literacy about synthesis through workshops, individualized study, and articles. We also offer repair and DIY building/kitting services!

signalflux.org

insoul8
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by insoul8 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:44 am

fluxsignal wrote:A fun use for LOCATION is a "transition manager."

The basic idea is to offset the LOCATION output by about +5V so the range is around 0-10V. This lets it have no effect on a destination parameter when it is at its minimum, or a controllable (via attenuverters) affect on the parameter when it is at its maximum.

Once you've offset it, patch the offset version to several different parameters around your synthesizer, but ideally pass it through an individual attenuverter first for each parameter.

Set LOCATION so that it ramps to the minimum (the offset version is now outputting around 0V. Use the knobs for the parameters it is connected to set the "deault" preset for each parameter.

Set LOCATION so that it ramps to the maximum (the offset version is now outputting around +10V). Use the attenuverters to set the "alternate" preset for each parameter.

Now you can use the LOCATION input voltage to control how quickly you transition between your two presets. Setting the voltage to 0V will cause LOCATION to freeze in its tracks, leaving you with an interpolation of your two presets.

Something similar can be done with FOLLOW. You don't need to offset the voltage though since it is already 0-5V. In this example, changing the FOLLOW input voltage will simply slew between your "default" and "alternate" presets - default is at 0V input, alternate is at +/- 5V input.
fluxsignal wrote:You can also use LOCATION to convert a (slow) bipolar square wave or triangle wave into a sine wave with variable amplitude. The frequency of the input wave will determine the amplitude. Depending on the original location of the survey circuit when the process begins, the output wave might have a DC offset.
Thanks for those! I'll certainly give them a try.

Godphaser
Common Wiggler

Post by Godphaser » Tue May 21, 2019 11:49 pm

Just got mine, what an amazing module!

nomenklature
Learning to Wiggle

crossfader not closing completely

Post by nomenklature » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:50 pm

I just got mine, but was disappointed to discover that the crossfader section doesn't close all the way when passing audio. Has anyone else experienced this?

With separate audio sources patched into Left and Right, and the knob at either extreme, Left and Right outs should only contain one side, but there is a bit of channel bleed.

sutekina bipu-on
Ultra Wiggler

Re: crossfader not closing completely

Post by sutekina bipu-on » Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:58 pm

nomenklature wrote:I just got mine, but was disappointed to discover that the crossfader section doesn't close all the way when passing audio. Has anyone else experienced this?

With separate audio sources patched into Left and Right, and the knob at either extreme, Left and Right outs should only contain one side, but there is a bit of channel bleed.
Yeah, it's not meant to completely cut out one side. Either way, i believe its intended behavior.

lisa
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by lisa » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:15 am

nomenklature: hm, I think mine does. Or well, I haven’t noticed any bleed. Is it very pronounced or just a whisper?
New track! Drum synthesis and melodies. ✨

nomenklature
Learning to Wiggle

Post by nomenklature » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:39 am

lisa wrote:Is it very pronounced or just a whisper?
it's pretty pronounced, too noticeable to work as an audio crossfader

droningspaghettimonster
Veteran Wiggler

Re: Mannequins' Cold Mac??

Post by droningspaghettimonster » Sun Apr 19, 2020 7:06 am

I revisit this module once every few months, and last couple of days I've been exploring the audio possibilities. Again and again I wish I had two, one for cv and one for feedback. Even three.... :zombie:

Return to “Eurorack Modules”