MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Clouds Parasite v2.01: an alternative firmware for MI Clouds
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Author Clouds Parasite v2.01: an alternative firmware for MI Clouds
erstlaub
I have the feeling that i've read weirdy oliverb behaviour can be a symptom of a module that could do with the calibration procedure being run.
virtualcrimes
just ran the calibration, nothing changed, maybe i stuffed one of the components up, just weird i havent noticed any other issues except in the oliverb.

Update

I managed to figure out that the pitch needs to be at 12 for the decay to hold when the freeze button is pressed, IThe reverb is still very crackly though and almost seems like its downsampled.. What component could I check that directly interacts with the reverb? The crackling only happens when the texture is in the high pass area and it cuts out going to the low pass.
naturarerum
tried installing parasite on a uClouds, and the update keeps failing. tried to go back to stock, same thing. what went wrong?

edit turns out uClouds can't be upgraded by audio. I guess I soft-bricked it. I ordered a ST-LINK and JTAG adaptor on Farnell and will be flashing it myself. gonna be fun smile
REVIVER
virtualcrimes wrote:
The reverb is still very crackly though and almost seems like its downsampled.. What component could I check that directly interacts with the reverb? The crackling only happens when the texture is in the high pass area and it cuts out going to the low pass.


Hmmm. Maybe check to see which Audio Quality setting it's at?

Perhaps it's just psychological, but to me it seems that the Oliverb generally sounds muddier on the lower audio quality setting.
budinis
hi! at the moment I got the Kammerl-Firmware installed... is possible to install the newest Parasite-Firmware over the Kammerl or do I have to install the original MI-firmware first???
Sorry if the question was still answered, but I couldn't read all the postings wink
Thx a lot!
Emmanuel G.
budinis wrote:
hi! at the moment I got the Kammerl-Firmware installed... is possible to install the newest Parasite-Firmware over the Kammerl or do I have to install the original MI-firmware first???
Sorry if the question was still answered, but I couldn't read all the postings wink
Thx a lot!


I don't think you have to go through original, I often used to switch between kammerl and parasites

maybe have someone else confirm it, I haven't switched in a while so maybe I don't remember right.
Shledge
Any firmware will just completely overwrite what was previously installed. In that sense, you don't need the original firmware on first.
budinis
thanks for the answers!
drowld
It's really nice. i need to upgrade my uclouds now
DDJ
Hey, in https://youtu.be/8T2qBZNlkbU video Rbeny is using a custom version of the 2.1 firmware. I'd love to give it a go if at all possible.
naturarerum
how do I go about installing parasites using the mutable dev environment? do I have to clone matthias' github instead of olivier's?
EternalTurtle
DDJ wrote:
Hey, in https://youtu.be/8T2qBZNlkbU video Rbeny is using a custom version of the 2.1 firmware. I'd love to give it a go if at all possible.


He's using an earlier version of the firmware, pre 2.0.

Earlier versions of the firmware can be downloaded here:

http://mqtthiqs.github.io/parasites/clouds.html

Enjoy! Rockin' Banana!
ancientbmd
Hello, I am rather new here. i have recently spend much more on a discontinued clouds module. I would like to install parasites on it. i have read this entire thread, and i still have fears of installing parasites on my module that has a serial # ending with 175. if i thought i could fix it with hardware, i would feel better. i have read those instructions. i do not think i could manage them. Is there any other knowledge or experience here on the matter of changing firmware? maybe some advice. i can not imagine destroying it for use.

Thanks for all your information, both previously and upcoming!
0netwo0netwo
rupertlally wrote:
* cue the sound of 100s of Clouds being unscrewed from the cases and having their s/ns checked *

Well, that's a relief for those of us with s/n s higher than 020, though presumably that doesn't explain how mqtthiqs was able to "brick" his unit though, as presuming I'm understanding pichenettes correctly, this would happen the first time you tried to update the firmware?


LOL mine is #019, what does that mean, will it self destruct? does this mean i should send it in??

sad banana
nectarios
Factory Clouds running Kammerl: Check.
uClouds running Parasites: Check.

tetsutestu
Can anyone tell me how to flash alternate firmware (specifically Parasites) on uClouds? I have a Jtag programmer but how to I go about doing it?
Thanks in advance!!!
0netwo0netwo
how do you go back to the current version of the original firmware safely?

if i did the clouds 1.31 FW update and then the parasite v2.01 FW update do they both exist side by side or is it only the parasite??

hmmm.....
th0mas
0netwo0netwo wrote:
how do you go back to the current version of the original firmware safely?

if i did the clouds 1.31 FW update and then the parasite v2.01 FW update do they both exist side by side or is it only the parasite??

hmmm.....


every time you do a firmware upgrade it completely erases the previous firmwares. They do not exist side by side (unless you buy two clouds modules hihi)
0netwo0netwo
thank you
Midas_Rex
Tried updating my uClouds to kammerl via audio (stoopid) now it’s bricked. Anyone out there able to sort this for me? I’ll pay.
Lineofcontrol
Can someone please confirm if Parasites and or Kammerl will work on a uClouds/uBurst ?

Does it update via the normal Audio way that Mutables modules use?
naturarerum
Lineofcontrol wrote:
Can someone please confirm if Parasites and or Kammerl will work on a uClouds/uBurst ?

Does it update via the normal Audio way that Mutables modules use?



uClouds can't be updated by audio. Not sure about uBurst though. This will take you through each step of flashing it yourself: https://medium.com/music-thing-modular-notes/how-to-get-started-writin g-your-own-firmware-for-mutable-instruments-clouds-a08173cec317
solaris
Lineofcontrol wrote:
Can someone please confirm if Parasites and or Kammerl will work on a uClouds/uBurst ?

Does it update via the normal Audio way that Mutables modules use?


yes for uBurst, I installed it on mine.
kylverstone
solaris wrote:
Lineofcontrol wrote:
Can someone please confirm if Parasites and or Kammerl will work on a uClouds/uBurst ?

Does it update via the normal Audio way that Mutables modules use?


yes for uBurst, I installed it on mine.


Does it work correctly on your uBurst? I installed it on mine ok, but the reverb was really distorted, among other problems. If so, I may try again.
REVIVER
kylverstone wrote:
I installed it on mine ok, but the reverb was really distorted, among other problems. If so, I may try again.


Crazy question, but did you accurately calibrate it after installing?

hmmm.....
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next [all]
Page 38 of 39
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group