MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Plague Bearer Holy Fuck
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Plague Bearer Holy Fuck
CursedFrogurt
So, my Plague Bearer Standalone arrived before my MW case, so it's my first modular experience . . . Holy god, just one of these things interacting with itself sounds like what I imagined the Wretch Machine to be . . . and then four of them together! HOLY SHIT! It's a filter bank! It's an oscillator bank! It's a noisy windscape generator, it's a self-contained noise making machine! I am so in love with this thing its not funny.

I'm sitting here typing to this evil clicky bubbly patch that's coming out of just one of the PB's. Good god.
flight
Flamey

Glad you like it!
CursedFrogurt
Also, I'm really glad I decided to order more cables when I bought the PB, because I just ate up 10 cables without thinking about it patching up this little beast.

http://soundcloud.com/artrythall/plague-bearer
bar|none
Yeah the short little yellow doepfer ones are kinda key for the quad.

Make sure you abuse it. Throw in some marginal 9vs to starve it!
panda30y
Yes, I just played w/ Waz's dual plague bearer yesterday and we were happily blown away! Dual plague bearers will be in my future soon!
computer controlled
I feel so inadequate with my one lonely PB!
panda30y
computer controlled wrote:
I feel so inadequate with my one lonely PB!

Get two! It's a local product for you! How about 6U of plague bearers and a nice mixer? Be proud!
computer controlled
6u of Plague Bearers! I'd love to see that =o] I could just walk over to his place and grab one, but i'm holding out for this Filtare SEIII =o]
nrdvrgr
I am currently just playing around with just one PB (got a few more on order), and it is just amazing. So far I had just used it as a filter, but 8

I used a 4MS RCD + A-160 to feed it triggers and pulses and it is a drummachine! With some additional filtering it is awsome. The Metasonix comparison is not 100% accurate, but it sounds damn nice.

Then I gave it some CV´s from a Z8000, and it plays (almost) like a sine OSC.

Having a bunch of these...? I can only imagine... Damn, maybe I should stop buying new osc´s? wink
kosta
I've got the standalone and it's been integral to my experimental noise setup. With a Moog control processor massaging it the sound gets even better....

CursedFrogurt
kosta wrote:
I've got the standalone and it's been integral to my experimental noise setup. With a Moog control processor massaging it the sound gets even better....

That setup looks like it could produce some sick shit! I love my SMM w/ Hazarai, I've made so much noise with just that and a guitar. I haven't quite figured out how to get my standalone to make sweet (read: violent and disgusting) sweet love to my SMM though. Maybe that will be my mission for the week!
nrdvrgr
Reviving this old thread beacuse the topic describes my feelings;

Yesterday I patched the pitch CV out from a Z8000 into a Plague Bearer and then into the oscillator. Holy shit. The CV became... rotten? Is that the word?
Degraded? Molested? Crushed? My Hertz Donut has never sounded this wierd before.

Try it. Very cool.

(and before you ask, no, I did not record it)
Pfurmel
nrdvrgr wrote:

(and before you ask, no, I did not record it)

That's a bootable offense
nrdvrgr
Should not be a need to record it. If you don´t own a PB you are the one who should be booted!
CursedFrogurt
Oh my, that was . . . odd. Plague bearer has made the Wogglebug even . . . uhhh . . . more woggly?
mono-poly
If there's no audio, it didn't happen!

Dinner at the Y
nrdvrgr
It never happened.
Pfurmel
nrdvrgr wrote:
Should not be a need to record it. If you don´t own a PB you are the one who should be booted!

Don't worry, I have 3!!!
infradead
PB is my new favorite ever..

this thing is wild. it just lends itself to crazy patching with those mults..

mmmmmm
CursedFrogurt
This never happened
but I saw you there
in a bed of broken windows
Tsarik
2 tracks of SEM and one of drums getting a full dose from the Quad Plague Bearer

still a work in progress

all thoughts and advice welcome

[s]http://soundcloud.com/rust-creep/ghetto-tech[/s]
reppiks
so i've read lots of comments about how much crazier it is to have 2 PBs instead of just 1... but what about 3 compared to 2?

i have 1 at the moment, am definitely getting 1 more but maybe 2 more...

???
nrdvrgr
Well, I think there is a reason that the quad PB exists... the more the merrier.

I have three myself and I can see a fourth in my future wink
matttech
man i need to really sit down with this one.

have used it as a filter/ distortion so far and nor been blown away at all

i'll have to re-read some of these threads and get some ideas.

i couldn't get it to self-oscillate at all!
CursedFrogurt
matttech wrote:
man i need to really sit down with this one.

have used it as a filter/ distortion so far and nor been blown away at all

i'll have to re-read some of these threads and get some ideas.

i couldn't get it to self-oscillate at all!

Plug the output into the input. Set the input to 9 O'Clock, Gain to 3 O' Clock. Twiddle with the High and Low in the range of 8 to Noon. There's a limited range of actual tone, and then outside of that it's all whoop whoops pops and snaps. Pretty much just abuse it in any way possible and it will do some fun things.

I was recently thinking about parting with mine, until I remembered how much I like the "drum" noises it makes. I just need to hold onto it until I have some rhythm generation modules. I don't find myself patching it up with the rest of my modular as a processor, I just usually end up thinking of the quad as its own nasty little playground that does its own thing.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2