MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Conventional vs Electron flow diagrams
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Conventional vs Electron flow diagrams
phase ghost
So, are people here creating diagrams with conventional or electron flow diagrams. Being new to electronics and not knowing that there was a difference at first, I found myself getting quite confused while researching different topics.

I can tell now which version is being used fairly easily, but I'm curious what most people are using. My first guess is that the conventional style seems to be more popular.
daverj
You don't really draw the diagram differently for electron flow. It's more about thinking about the signal direction differently.

I suspect most people (me included) think in terms of flow from positive to negative rather than the electron flow (negative to positive).

But I could be wrong.
intellijel
most schematic symbols have been designed so that conventional current flow makese sense. For example a Diode looks like an arrow that points in the direction current can go.

It does not matter whether you analyse a circuit by conventional current or actual current direction since it will yield exactly the same results. You just need to be consistent.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1