MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dual Looping Delay from 4ms
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next [all]
Author Dual Looping Delay from 4ms
GaryInHuaHin
Update April 19, 2016.
The 4ms Dual Looping Delay is finally on the factory floor. Initial shipments will commence shortly!

As you might expect, details of the design and feature set have changed a bit over the months. Here is the present front panel.

The DLD is a pair of high-capacity (88 seconds) digital delay lines, both tied to a common timebase. Delays are set as multiples of the tap/clock interval, with a range from 1 to 32 'beats'. A toggle switch for each channel lets you select the range of delay, from very short to very, very long

Each delay has a separate input. The right input is normalled to the left and the outputs likewise, so you can run mono-to-mono and mono-to-stereo without patching. A single patch cable provides cascaded operation

Each delay has a very clean feedback path, voltage-controlled, that ranges up to 110% for 'bloom' effects. Send out and Return input on each channel provide for external feedback (bring an attenuator love ) The signal feed into each delay can be dynamically manipulated by hand or CV without disturbing the dry signal.

Infinite Hold allows capture of the current delay contents, disabling input and regenerating at a precise 100%, toggled by trigger, gate or panel switch. All changes in delay time and Inf. Rpt status are synchronised with the beat clock so that rhythmic sync is preserved.

Reverse causes the read and write direction to flip, resulting in current memory contents playing backwards. In Infinite Hold or with high Feedback, the reversed contents will continue indefinitely. Both Revers and Infinite Hold can be activated seperately for each delay channel by panel buttons or triggered input jacks.

The 4ms Dual Looping Delay also has multiple clock outputs that are sample-synched to the delay.
Matos
Go Gary! Sounds great! Can't wait to hear some demos and listen to all your hard work.
NS4W
4MS is always on time!
ignatius
really excited about this one. The few times I heard the prototype it sounded really really nice. Very 'musical' for lack of a better term. Nice work!!!
echoplex
if it can go up to audio-rate delay times (KP) it was the perfect delay love hyper
exper
Changing delay time. Does it resample or change in pitch?
Useful Noise
Very nice Gary! Are you actually in Hua Hin? I was there last weekend.
oscillateur
exper wrote:

If it keeps its audio buffer but just changes which part of it is accessed (like the Boss DD20) then this could be quite interesting.
GaryInHuaHin
exper wrote:

Not in the release version. We gave that a lot of consideration but realised that it could push the product out several months. Resampling is easy to do a rough job of, tricky to get right.

But the unit is firmware upgradeable via audio file. I can't promise anything, but the feature is top of our list....
GaryInHuaHin
echoplex wrote:
if it can go up to audio-rate delay times (KP) it was the perfect delay love hyper

In the initial release, the emphasis is on longer time application such as looping and rhythmic echoes. But the unit is firmware upgradeable and there's no reason in principle that it can't be updated for resonant processing functions.

btw, for some very very cool resonance effects, check out the [url=/http://www.4mspedals.com/SMR/SMR-blurb-onesheet.pdf]4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator[/url]
GaryInHuaHin
Useful Noise wrote:
Very nice Gary! Are you actually in Hua Hin? I was there last weekend.

Yes, I am. Are you in Bangkok? I'm making plans to come up for a dog and pony show sometime soon.
ben_hex
Looking good, if you can get a dual resonant delay line for karplus and the like you'll have a lot of wigglers dribbling! hihi
Paranormal Patroler
Regeneration goes to 110% SlayerBadger!
echoplex
ben_hex wrote:
Looking good, if you can get a dual resonant delay line for karplus and the like you'll have a lot of wigglers dribbling! hihi

WORD!

screaming goo yo hyper hyper love w00t!!
Dogma
GaryInHuaHin wrote:
echoplex wrote:

In the initial release, the emphasis is on longer time application such as looping and rhythmic echoes. But the unit is firmware upgradeable and there's no reason in principle that it can't be updated for resonant processing functions.

btw, for some very very cool resonance effects, check out the [url=/http://www.4mspedals.com/SMR/SMR-blurb-onesheet.pdf]4ms Spectral Multiband Resonator[/url]

What a smart move - so its planned and will likely happen ie the HW cn handle it fine...that just mean its a matter of time - very smart. Sure to be my first delay ay ay...Just as I was about to hunt for a modcan....
djthopa
Looking great! 4ms is filling my case!
burnn_out!
Wow super nice!!! Teh sex Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus Miley Cyrus
listentoaheartbeat
echoplex wrote:
ben_hex wrote:

WORD!

screaming goo yo hyper hyper love w00t!!

Well, not so much.. :(

GaryInHuaHin wrote:
exper wrote:

Not in the release version. We gave that a lot of consideration but realised that it could push the product out several months. Resampling is easy to do a rough job of, tricky to get right.

GaryInHuaHin wrote:
echoplex wrote:

In the initial release, the emphasis is on longer time application such as looping and rhythmic echoes.
DonKartofflo
Apart from the obviously great engineering in all of the 4ms modules, i really love the interface and looks!
Btw, with all those dual modules, a stereo capable eurorack suddenly doesnt seem so far away now...
echoplex
Come on Gary, as you cleary see lots of wigglers want/wish that is resonates/KP .. why don't you implement it in the release version.
would make things way easier and make this delay more attractive to us all smile

-just my thoughts out loud
listentoaheartbeat
echoplex wrote:
Come on Gary, as you cleary see lots of wigglers want/wish that is resonates/KP .. why don't you implement it in the release version.
would make things way easier and make this delay more attractive to us all smile

-just my thoughts out loud

He said that resampling would push development several months back, so even if they include a wider delay time range you'd get the typical pitch bend effects when changing the delay time.
tsunamisucks
i love it
algo
Looks great, delay is missing from my case MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Summer release will give me chance to shuffle things around!
Hari Seldon
I think I want this. Looks like the thing I'm trying to fix with trying to sync external loopers for long loops...

What's the sample rate/bit depth specs?
Does it also do bread and butter looping(press=record press=play loop)?
Estimated price?
Funky40
sounds all really promising,
exept:

GaryInHuaHin wrote:
The right input is normalled to the left and the outputs likewise

can you please consider to build up to western standards where we read from left to right,
.....and normalize inputs from left to right.

you know, thats like drawing an arrow,
if it goes from right to left, it would say: .....go backwards
left to right: forward

som people have bigger systems....and some are not everyday on the modules,
so having modules that follow the standard "reading rules"
-left to right
-top to bottom
is something very welcome ! It helps to keep a wigglers live easyer
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60  Next [all]
Page 1 of 60