MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Bug Hub
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bug Hub
qstate
Hey all...

Working on a performance/sequencer hub and curious on thoughts/feedback from those who patched similar setups.

The combo is somewhat like a mix of a Serge TKB and Seq panel in spirit plus the joysticks and minus some cv processing/ASR.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

---
CLK2A Divisions
2x CLK2B Binary Divisions
CLK3A Triple Logic
CLK4A Dual Gate Delay
2x CTL1 Touch Panel
2x CTL2 Joystick / Touch
2x QNT1 Dual Barton Quantizer
SEQ1 Sequence Hub
3x SEQ1X Sequence Slave
SEQ2A 2 Bit Bin Mux
2x UTL6A Passive Switches
UTL6B Active Switches
UTL6C Diode Director

phisynth
I think you'd miss at least a second clock in there (unless you want all this sequencing driven by the same one and its divisions), and some SQP functionality (stage input - I cannot live without it, but this doesn't exist in the BB offering unfortunately).

Ergonomically, I also think I'd place the dividers close together to avoid using long cables between resets and shared clocks and I would drop one of the binary divisions

I'd also place a second active switch and some CV mixing (maybe instead of the diode director ?) which is lacking on the Serge panels you mentioned as well...

Not sure about 2 joysticks, but that's a very personal approach also

A 2 bit bin mix would fit nicely in there too I believe
qstate
Thanks phisynth! I think you're right on the second clock and subconsciously I might have been getting at that with the two binary divisions (since I've done patches with two PDIVs on the Serge).

It seems that the LFO/DC Mixer would be a good addition. I agree on the two joysticks, but I'm going to try and see if the second one gets used. The idea to try two started with previous experience messing with a Wiard 311 and two deerhorns on a double Plumbutter.

Now off to pull all the modules out and build it!
wednesdayayay
Oh god double plumbutter Dead Banana

If I ever went the more traditional modular route I'd love for it to be a case of bugs
BugBrand
Possibly too late a reply, but I'd never consider SEQ1 with 3 expanders -- but maybe I'm narrow minded?!

Envelopes could be useful too - they can actually do VC-division - latest (non-vactrol) version was the most stable for that though not many were made. I'd probably choose one of those over a DD2 -- though the DC mixer would be useful too...
phisynth
BugBrand wrote:

Envelopes could be useful too - they can actually do VC-division - latest (non-vactrol) version was the most stable for that though not many were made.

Is this the case with all versions ? I wish mine did this (not sure about the version and away from the BB right now), but they don't, they retrigger at each new trig seriously, i just don't get it
BugBrand
Can't test now / here (home) but pretty sure they could all do division - set to loop mode, attack on minimum, vary the decay. Just the vactrols were fairly slow / inaccurate reactors...
qstate
BugBrand wrote:
Possibly too late a reply, but I'd never consider SEQ1 with 3 expanders -- but maybe I'm narrow minded?!

Envelopes could be useful too - they can actually do VC-division - latest (non-vactrol) version was the most stable for that though not many were made. I'd probably choose one of those over a DD2 -- though the DC mixer would be useful too...

Never too late to swap out a few modules!

I could see getting more usefulness out of some ENVs over the 2 extra expanders considering the 2x CTL1 and I'm generally too lazy to spend the time sequencing other CV to produce something better than just using a modulation source.

This Serge Patch makes a compelling case for swapping in some ENVs and a BugCrusher (for S&H).

Tried it and it's pretty cool particularly with random and/or modulation on the SEQ1.

Clock: env -> bc
Pitch: seq1 -> bc -> quant -> vco
Gate: env -> lpg both

For giggles, I added:

env -> bin div -> ctl1->vco freq cv
bin div -> env #2 -> seq range

Good times!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1