MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
STILL working on the logged out and session timeout issue - have a couple new strategies I'll be trying over the weekend. We will get this fixed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the hassle.

Bug Hub
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bug Hub

qstate

Hey all...

Working on a performance/sequencer hub and curious on thoughts/feedback from those who patched similar setups.

The combo is somewhat like a mix of a Serge TKB and Seq panel in spirit plus the joysticks and minus some cv processing/ASR.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

---
CLK2A Divisions
2x CLK2B Binary Divisions
CLK3A Triple Logic
CLK4A Dual Gate Delay
2x CTL1 Touch Panel
2x CTL2 Joystick / Touch
2x QNT1 Dual Barton Quantizer
SEQ1 Sequence Hub
3x SEQ1X Sequence Slave
SEQ2A 2 Bit Bin Mux
2x UTL6A Passive Switches
UTL6B Active Switches
UTL6C Diode Director

phisynth

I think you'd miss at least a second clock in there (unless you want all this sequencing driven by the same one and its divisions), and some SQP functionality (stage input - I cannot live without it, but this doesn't exist in the BB offering unfortunately).

Ergonomically, I also think I'd place the dividers close together to avoid using long cables between resets and shared clocks and I would drop one of the binary divisions

I'd also place a second active switch and some CV mixing (maybe instead of the diode director ?) which is lacking on the Serge panels you mentioned as well...

Not sure about 2 joysticks, but that's a very personal approach also

A 2 bit bin mix would fit nicely in there too I believe

qstate

Thanks phisynth! I think you're right on the second clock and subconsciously I might have been getting at that with the two binary divisions (since I've done patches with two PDIVs on the Serge).

It seems that the LFO/DC Mixer would be a good addition. I agree on the two joysticks, but I'm going to try and see if the second one gets used. The idea to try two started with previous experience messing with a Wiard 311 and two deerhorns on a double Plumbutter.

Now off to pull all the modules out and build it!

wednesdayayay

Oh god double plumbutter Dead Banana

If I ever went the more traditional modular route I'd love for it to be a case of bugs

BugBrand

Possibly too late a reply, but I'd never consider SEQ1 with 3 expanders -- but maybe I'm narrow minded?!

Envelopes could be useful too - they can actually do VC-division - latest (non-vactrol) version was the most stable for that though not many were made. I'd probably choose one of those over a DD2 -- though the DC mixer would be useful too...

phisynth

BugBrand wrote:

Envelopes could be useful too - they can actually do VC-division - latest (non-vactrol) version was the most stable for that though not many were made.

Is this the case with all versions ? I wish mine did this (not sure about the version and away from the BB right now), but they don't, they retrigger at each new trig seriously, i just don't get it

BugBrand

Can't test now / here (home) but pretty sure they could all do division - set to loop mode, attack on minimum, vary the decay. Just the vactrols were fairly slow / inaccurate reactors...

qstate

BugBrand wrote:
Possibly too late a reply, but I'd never consider SEQ1 with 3 expanders -- but maybe I'm narrow minded?!

Envelopes could be useful too - they can actually do VC-division - latest (non-vactrol) version was the most stable for that though not many were made. I'd probably choose one of those over a DD2 -- though the DC mixer would be useful too...

Never too late to swap out a few modules!

I could see getting more usefulness out of some ENVs over the 2 extra expanders considering the 2x CTL1 and I'm generally too lazy to spend the time sequencing other CV to produce something better than just using a modulation source.

This Serge Patch makes a compelling case for swapping in some ENVs and a BugCrusher (for S&H).

Tried it and it's pretty cool particularly with random and/or modulation on the SEQ1.

Clock: env -> bc
Pitch: seq1 -> bc -> quant -> vco
Gate: env -> lpg both

For giggles, I added:

env -> bin div -> ctl1->vco freq cv
bin div -> env #2 -> seq range

Good times!

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1