MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

nw2s::io in the wild
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Author nw2s::io in the wild
scottwilson
Nice to see one in the wild for the first time... Also cool to know that of all those modules, the 'io is the one that will get used on basically every patch. Note that he's using the rear cabling directly into a patchbay.

Any more photos around that anyone's seen? Some of your own to share?

ignatius
ribbon cables out that back to a patch bay smile so simple so sweet. 8 i/o in 10 hp all balanced and level proper.

CF3
dubchild
ignatius wrote:
ribbon cables out that back to a patch bay smile so simple so sweet. 8 i/o in 10 hp all balanced and level proper.



I was just about to pick one of the balanced ones up. Did you get male or female on the rear connector to use with a patchbay?
goiks
@dubchild - i've got ribbons coming out the back of mine as well, straight into/out of the interface, standard idc connectors iirc, plug in to the headers that the db25 jacks on the front would have. talk to scott about your situation, he's easy to work with and very helpful. quality module. thumbs up
ignatius
dubchild wrote:
ignatius wrote:
ribbon cables out that back to a patch bay smile so simple so sweet. 8 i/o in 10 hp all balanced and level proper.



I was just about to pick one of the balanced ones up. Did you get male or female on the rear connector to use with a patchbay?


female but i have a snake connected to it that goes to a 1/4 patch bay. so, the rear connector is same as the one on the front panel
dubchild
^
Thank you both! Looks like a great module!!
scottwilson
@CF3 - Mine is the same way. I really don't mind the snakes when you can get the module on the corner like that. What snakes are yours? I like the black hoods.

s
CF3
scottwilson wrote:
@CF3 - Mine is the same way. I really don't mind the snakes when you can get the module on the corner like that. What snakes are yours? I like the black hoods.

s


Hosa snakes, DB25 to TRS Dead Banana (don't laugh, they're cheap)

I actually want to run the cables out the back (or even out the side), I just don't want to butcher the Tolex on my Monorocket case. Been thinking about going with two Doepfer A-100-G6's. If I do I can cut the holes nice and neat with a Dremel.

Absolutely love this module BTW. I like it when something does it's job so good you never think twice about it..... it's just there. thumbs up
Asym9
Here's a photo of my io in the wild. The DB-25s are routed to the back with a cable provided by nw2s. Since there are always a lot of patch cables in the area, I'm glad to have the snakes routed elsewhere.

-7 channels going to the 896.
-2 channels coming from the 896, providing sync and transport control to the iils.

scottwilson
Nice - so CV/Clock headed from computer through the 'io?

Using Silent Way for that?

s
Asym9
scottwilson, I use an Innerclock Sync Gen iils (the black module to the left) for sync from Logic. Since I prefer to use hardware sequencing for v/oct, my returns back to the modular through the io only send clock and transport info in this photo.

I haven't tested the audio interfaces ability to record cv through the io yet, but I don't suspect I'll have any problems with LFOs and other modulations.

Using the io for sending and returning audio for processing works amazingly well. I couldn't be happier with the io! Guinness ftw!
Thulo
Installed mine yesterday. It works like a charm.
I run it straight into my SSL X-Desk.

monads
CF3 wrote:
Been thinking about going with two Doepfer A-100-G6's. If I do I can cut the holes nice and neat with a Dremel.


With an a100-g6 case you don't need to do that if running the cables out the back! Just remove the rear/top panel from the a100-g6. That's what I did cool
xonetacular
goiks wrote:
@dubchild - i've got ribbons coming out the back of mine as well, straight into/out of the interface, standard idc connectors iirc, plug in to the headers that the db25 jacks on the front would have. talk to scott about your situation, he's easy to work with and very helpful. quality module. thumbs up


Interested in this but I don't want to butcher the case you built me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> nw2s  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group