MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

es-3 first power up all lights blinking randomly.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author es-3 first power up all lights blinking randomly.
theholy_rail
just attempted to use a new es-3, when attempting in both my cases all lights on the unit flash on and off randomly, even with no optical cable attatched, can anyone confirm if this is what the module does when its not getting enough power?

thanks.
theholy_rail
*fixed, user error sorry, the adat outputs on my fireface 800 were spitting out spdif information, causing the unit to go somewhat haywire.
frokka
In my experience this happens when the case is under-powered as well.
godmodeinternet
this is happening to me as well with the es-3 and es-5. the es-3 lights cycle from left led to right led, and the es-5 just pulses with nothing plugged in.

both modules emit soft steady clicks at around 180bpm

-no optical cable plugged in

-new make noise skiff (same thing happens in monorocket 6U and MX104)

very confused – any advice appreciated!
os
That's fine. The ES-3's behaviour with no optical connection is undefined.
juanchi999
os wrote:
That's fine. The ES-3's behaviour with no optical connection is undefined.
hello. so do you mean that it's not problem at all to see the flashing lights in es-3 , even with no adat connection?

another issue i have is that when I connect the ES-3 with any other module, it produces a modulation pitch, even without the adat input connected. can you help me with this one please? thanks
os
If the ADAT isn't connected, the lights may flash and a signal may be output. This is normal.
juanchi999
os wrote:
If the ADAT isn't connected, the lights may flash and a signal may be output. This is normal.
Thank you. Appreciate that.
Trying to setup the ES-3 and getting troubled. I could install the silent way but i cannot make it send signals to the es-3. In ableton live I chose the audio input ( i see the 6 inputs from VST voice controller). For output, my audio interface just show 5 channels. But the es-3 is connected via the adat output. I dont understand how the the signal flows to the adat output, if i select this audio outputs. is that the problem? Thanks
os
Have you enabled all the channels in Live's audio prefs?
themachinesoul
os wrote:

So I guess it can be used somehow as as a random generator as well hyper
hanneskelch
Hey, I am having the same problem but it doesn't seem to work at all.. it lights up at the start, but when connecting the adat cable nothing happens... I tried virtually every setting on my prism lyra aswell.
Can anybody please help smile
Cheers
os
Check the cable and the Lyra settings by connecting the Lyra ADAT out to the Lyra ADAT in. Check if you can pass 8 channels of audio round the loop.
Tokyo Mods
I am having the same problem. Eight LED lights will not flash even when the ADAT cable is not inserted or inserted. When changing the sample rate of ABLETON from 44.1 to 48, the LED of ES - 3 began to flash and PITCH CV started to function. However, after reconnecting to the original my purpose, REAKTOR BLOCKS and tried again, the LED did not shine and returned to its original state. After that, I returned to ABLETON and tried the same work, but I returned to the original state.I'd like to use NI blocks & es3.

PLZ HELP. thank you

Used equipment
'ES3 mk3
'RMEFIREFACE UC
'NI REAKTOR BLOCKS(STANDALONE)
'ABLETON (FOR CHECKING ES3)

I am using the new ADAT cable bundled with rme.
os
I suggest checking your RME TotalMix setup. Make sure the ADAT channels are routed from the DAW playback channels, and that the faders are up.
Tokyo Mods
I checked RME total mix setup.But still es3 is not working.The 8LEDS(not main flower one) are also not flashing.
What can I do next? Sorry for taking your time.
Tokyo Mods
os
Is the RME set to output ADAT from its optical port, not optical SPDIF?
Tokyo Mods
os wrote:
Is the RME set to output ADAT from its optical port, not optical SPDIF?

YES, I CHOOSE "ADAT" IN THE RME SETTING.
os
I'm not sure what to suggest. Above you wrote

Quote:
the LED of ES - 3 began to flash and PITCH CV started to function

so it appears the ES-3 is actually working, but perhaps you still have some software configuration problem.
Tokyo Mods
Although you gave me great advice, I am still struggling without resolving it.
What setting does the "some software configuration" mean? I think that there are no other items of setting.

For example, I think you mentioned it in other threads.
You said. When you output the out channel of the audio loop (strong beat) with ADAT, the light glows. I tried, but the light does not shine.

Is there an easy way to check ES 3 for problems?

Thank you.
os
The ES-3 has no settings or anything, so if it is working, it simply outputs whatever is sent over ADAT. If it does not do that, then either its faulty, or nothing is being sent over ADAT.

Try this: take the ADAT cable, and plug one end into the RME output and the other into the RME input. Send your audio loop to the ADAT output. You should now see/hear the loop returning into the ADAT input. Pull out the ADAT cable; the audio should stop. If this is correct, you have verified your ADAT cable and TotalMix routing is correct.
Tokyo Mods
Hi Mr OS,

I tried many things after having your advise.
Now ES3 is working well.

It seems that the cause was in PIN CABLE. It seems there was a PIN CABLE problem as it was bought in second hand. I'm sorry to disturb you. Also, thank you for your precious time.

With this I can do composition with full power! Thank you very much.
hary3007
i also had a problem with this "flashing lights" and no outputs.
in my case it was a "15V-problem". i've forgotten to bridge the 15 V on my powersupply for the tiptop audio uZeus.

maybe ... wink
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1