MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bastl cv trinity - CV TRINITY hex modulation signal superhe
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Bastl cv trinity - CV TRINITY hex modulation signal superhe
Dogma
Ive noticed that most of the new modules have some sort of saving.preset - which seems like a new dawn....

http://noise.kitchen/shop/bastl/bastl-instruments-cv-trinity/

CV TRINITY

hex modulation signal superhero

CV Trinity has 6 independent channels with CV outputs and each of them can be set to AUTOMATION, LFO or ADSR. Each channel also has an CV INPUT. Selected output outputs copy of channel that is just selected for editing and drives indication LED. Use SELECT buttons for selecting the channel and knobs for adjusting its parameters. Pressing the mode button changes between the modes. Clock OUT can be adjusted by holding select button and turning the top knob. Clk OUT is normalized to Clock IN

Automation is 32 step voltage memory with adjustable amount of linear interpolation. Hold record button and turn RECORD knob to adjust the automation curve. Clock input advances to next automation step.
MRoyce
Color me intersteed, looks like it's got 6 channels, for each of which one can select how it's supposed to function. It's probably nuts just as a 6 channel sequencer since it looks like each channel can be independently clocked! I'd love a thorough demo to see what the different modes are capable of and how to handle it.
Slomen
This module sounds almost too amazing! All my envelope and LFO needs will be covered! (for a while)
Dogma
Slomen wrote:
This module sounds almost too amazing! All my envelope and LFO needs will be covered! (for a while)

I agree - and its OS!
concretic
... need to see some review/video or something. It looks too good. I wonder what modes it does have. I am deciding between Batumi and this.

edit: I live 100km from Brno, think I'm gonna go there next week and take a look at it in Bastl factory.
Dogma
Oh go down - they seem like nice dudes http://noise.kitchen/shop/bastl/bastl-instruments-knit-rider/
This looks so useful - the whole range is so exiting and resonable on the wallet
concretic
Well I would like to know if it can be programmed to work as quadrature LFO or even hexa(ture?) LFO. Now THAT would be absolute..
dasvaclav
the demo video and full info about the cv trinity will be coming soon... we actually got some very important feedback to the functionality after the messe and now we still need to work on the firmware to make it really nicely usable and able to do all the crazy stuff
i talked to sonic state about the cv trinity in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNB6EG2OeKk
(from 7:30 on...but dont miss the filter before smile )
dasvaclav
concretic wrote:
Well I would like to know if it can be programmed to work as quadrature LFO or even hexa(ture?) LFO. Now THAT would be absolute..

you will be able to sync the lfo to the incoming clock and some channel will be syncing with different phaseshift by default so that would get you to the quadrature LFO trick (there you need 90° shift) and with the xor waveshape you can do 180° shift.
i still need to decide on minor details about this...

- and of course once you are synced you can set different dividers to the tempo with the rate knob...
screaming goo yo
concretic
dasvaclav wrote:
concretic wrote:

you will be able to sync the lfo to the incoming clock and some channel will be syncing with different phaseshift by default so that would get you to the quadrature LFO trick (there you need 90° shift) and with the xor waveshape you can do 180° shift.
i still need to decide on minor details about this...

- and of course once you are synced you can set different dividers to the tempo with the rate knob...
screaming goo yo

woah well I hoped you are gonna jump into this conversation and clear things up twisted brilliant!

btw tento modul bude asi prvy ktory od vas objednam spolu s quatro formaggi, at zije modulacia!
dasvaclav
concretic wrote:

btw tento modul bude asi prvy ktory od vas objednam spolu s quatro formaggi, at zije modulacia!

hehe super. tak jo. stav se někdy když budeš v brně. jsme v centru
Dogma
dasvaclav wrote:
concretic wrote:

hehe super. tak jo. stav se někdy když budeš v brně. jsme v centru

I just watched the Trinity AGAIN smile man youve got a killer module there....I cant wait to have it in the rack....
Dogma
So another question - genuinely how far off is this? Having six LFOs all in sync and of my own design is so mouthwatering plus Im guessing Ill be able to still use the automation (which I love the elektron styley of it) - not so sure about the asr but hey....
dasvaclav
Dogma wrote:
So another question - genuinely how far off is this? Having six LFOs all in sync and of my own design is so mouthwatering plus Im guessing Ill be able to still use the automation (which I love the elektron styley of it) - not so sure about the asr but hey....

not sure if i get your question. Each of the channels can be either lfo, automation of envelope (rise- fall ..maths style modulation source ... also as lfo if you wish). so you can take one channel as automation and patch it into CV in of an lfo and control the lfo with that automtation
Dogma
dasvaclav wrote:
Dogma wrote:

not sure if i get your question. Each of the channels can be either lfo, automation of envelope (rise- fall ..maths style modulation source ... also as lfo if you wish). so you can take one channel as automation and patch it into CV in of an lfo and control the lfo with that automtation

No i thought about it more and worked it out.......is there much more work to do on it? I see it replacing a lot of modulation sources for me smile
Phoobooz
God, those modules are so fucking sexy...
boboter
I hope this hasn't been asked before, but are the lines between the inputs and outputs just a design thing, or are they somehow normalled to each other when not all of them are patched?

Probably the most exciting module of the Messe. Super cool stuff.
tsunamisucks
does anyone know if the aluminum panels will be available with all Bastl modules?
dasvaclav
Dogma wrote:
is there much more work to do on it? I see it replacing a lot of modulation sources for me smile

well there is work to do but still enough time to make it perfect for the first units shipped in June
dasvaclav
boboter wrote:
I hope this hasn't been asked before, but are the lines between the inputs and outputs just a design thing, or are they somehow normalled to each other when not all of them are patched?

Probably the most exciting module of the Messe. Super cool stuff.

it is just a design thing smile ... the only normalisation is from the clock OUT into the clock IN
dasvaclav
tsunamisucks wrote:
does anyone know if the aluminum panels will be available with all Bastl modules?

yes they will be available. we are still trying different techniques and suppliers so no promises on when yet....
ES
dasvaclav wrote:
tsunamisucks wrote:

yes they will be available. we are still trying different techniques and suppliers so no promises on when yet....

Yes!! Looking forward to this, I know it's silly to be fussy about aesthetics.. But I had been on the fence about these amazing modules til now.
Will be jumping on the granpa and trinity as soon as the alts are released.
wirelesswine
Dogma - thanks for the post. This thing looks pretty amazing. Can't wait to see updated features after meese. Already loaded as is. I dig the wood but I hope grayscale will create a panel for it as well.
Section956
Hoping to see some more examples of this.
Happyanimal
Website says starting to ship first run in June. Anyone know of this is happening yet?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 1 of 6