Koma kommander, best UI ever!

Discussion and support for KOMA Elektronik effects pedals, eurorack gear and all the other stuff we do...

Moderators: Kent, osterchrisi

Post Reply
User avatar
djpasica
Common Wiggler
Posts: 132
Joined: Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:54 am
Location: Ukraine, Kyiv

Koma kommander, best UI ever!

Post by djpasica » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:23 am

Just got a brand new Koma kommander and... :mad: :mad: :mad:

Image
Image
Last edited by djpasica on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:47 pm, edited 5 times in total.

User avatar
tsunamisucks
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 659
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:18 pm

Post by tsunamisucks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:28 am

i guess it's made with keeping Doepfer cables in mind which are more slim and also quite popular in Germany

User avatar
Nofrenchtests
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 647
Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:07 pm
Location: Hunter Valley

Post by Nofrenchtests » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:16 am

Yeah, it isn't the greatest. I sold mine a day after I bought it. Try the glow in the dark expert sleepers patch cords, they are thin enough to work too.

User avatar
spencewilder
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:31 pm
Location: Georgia

Post by spencewilder » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:27 am

This disappointed me too. I'm trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it and use a razor blade to make some dedicated cables, as Monobass demonstrates in a similar post:
Monobass wrote:I turned my Ad Infinitums into Doepfer cables with the simple application of KNIFE

Image

User avatar
oscillateur
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:45 am
Location: Tokyo

Post by oscillateur » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 am

Wow, Muffs has really turned into a festival of entitled crybabies...

User avatar
suboptimal
A Towering Mediocrity
Posts: 4762
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:04 pm
Location: San Diego

Post by suboptimal » Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:29 am

Welcome to Eurorack, the land of many standards.

User avatar
lloydcole
Veteran Wiggler
Posts: 624
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:01 pm
Location: Massachusetts

Post by lloydcole » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:08 pm

oscillateur wrote:Wow, Muffs has really turned into a festival of entitled crybabies...
Good to see the self righteous are still here to call the rest out. Criticism does not equal whining and without constructive criticism this place is an e-yurt.

User avatar
oscillateur
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:45 am
Location: Tokyo

Post by oscillateur » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:28 pm

lloydcole wrote:
oscillateur wrote:Wow, Muffs has really turned into a festival of entitled crybabies...
Good to see the self righteous are still here to call the rest out. Criticism does not equal whining and without constructive criticism this place is an e-yurt.
Is that what you call constructive criticism ? Serisously ?

blooper
Common Wiggler
Posts: 126
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:37 am

Post by blooper » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:05 pm

Doh. Not gonna stop me from buying one though.

versonegro
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:47 am

Post by versonegro » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:26 am

using korg sq 6 cables. less than a dollar each. fits ok in kommander

patchnwiggle
Learning to Wiggle
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 06, 2019 2:36 am
Location: london

Post by patchnwiggle » Mon May 06, 2019 2:40 am

spencewilder wrote:This disappointed me too. I'm trying to decide if I like it enough to keep it and use a razor blade to make some dedicated cables, as Monobass demonstrates in a similar post:
Monobass wrote:I turned my Ad Infinitums into Doepfer cables with the simple application of KNIFE

Image
Love this!

User avatar
Rex Coil 7
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6533
Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:29 am
Location: Captain Of Outer Space

Post by Rex Coil 7 » Mon May 06, 2019 3:52 am

tsunamisucks wrote:i guess it's made with keeping Doepfer cables in mind which are more slim and also quite popular in Germany
It's true.

... I had two of those Kommanders. Tried like hell to get on with them for over two years. We just couldn't be friends.

:despair:
Never Quit, Die Falling Forward
5U PROJECT - (skip pages 4 through 6, boring junk) ... https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewt ... highlight=

User avatar
dubonaire
Super Deluxe Wiggler
Posts: 6634
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:45 pm

Post by dubonaire » Mon May 06, 2019 3:56 am

Rex Coil 7 wrote:
tsunamisucks wrote:i guess it's made with keeping Doepfer cables in mind which are more slim and also quite popular in Germany
It's true.

... I had two of those Kommanders. Tried like hell to get on with them for over two years. We just couldn't be friends.

:despair:
This is a 4 year old necro thread by new members.

Post Reply

Return to “KOMA Elektronik”