MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Bug modular on batteries!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author Bug modular on batteries!
otoskope
Hi all.

Just a quick report from an experiment I planned since a long time, and finally did:

Here I'm running my Bugbrand "Analog Rhythm" - a dual 11FW full of clock-seq-blues and drum-reds (2xDRM1+x) from two Anker Astro Pro2 20000mAh batteries, set to 16V. The batteries are connected in series to produce -16V..0..+16V, which should be OK according to the Bugmaster. (Not so different from the intended +-15V)

It works and sounds just fine! But first I thought there were horrible interferences, until I realized that the settings on the DRM1x caused those sounds... d'oh!

Right now it's a mess of crocodiles, but I will solder a little adapter box for it shortly, to be able to use normal Bugbrand power cables.

Measured current draw is ca 400mA (+) and ca 350mA (-) for a typical patch with lots of modulation with this particular dual frame. I will also try it with my larger dual 16FW frame.

Estimated running time is unknown, but it's been going for almost an hour now without the meters on the batteries decreasing noticably. So we're probably talking several hours of bugfun on a single charge!

Those battery packs are very portable, and great to have around for laptops, tablets and phones, too - they do USB power and selectable 12V-15V-19V. My laptop runs 4h from one of them.

/Palle
thresholdpeople
Wow! 20000mAh batteries! woah

Just be careful with those alligator clips touching one another.
otoskope
Indeed, they are powerful. An while many powerpacks advertise fantasy figures, these ones are real good. I have five different powerpacks from Anker, and they are all great. One of them I use to power my Gotharman Little Deformer2 (lasting for days on one charge). I have also used them for Nord Micro Modulars and Nord Drum 2.

And don't worry - the crocodiles have rubber covers. I'm careful.
fredguy
Great setup! Run time should be ~35 hours.
I've been thinking about power for a camping setup
and this with a powered speaker looks like a sweet solution.
otoskope
I'm not sure the maths is that simple, since the efficiency might differ depending on output voltage due to internal conversions and such things. But it sure will last a long time. For powered speakers, check the MiniRigs with sub - 50h battery time, great sound!
fredguy
I used my rule of thumb estimate (capacity/draw)x0.7
In any case I'm picking up a pair to use for jamming / camping as it's lighter than hauling my power supply. BugBrand! SlayerBadger!
otoskope
Fredguy, if you go for it (and I think you should w00t) make sure you get the right model - there's a newer generation of that battery that doesn't do 16V, I think (only 9 or 12V).

This is the right one:
http://www.ianker.com/product/79AN20L-SA

/Palle
BugBrand
I'm obviously well out of touch with what battery wonders are available these days - things have obviously moved a lot in the last 10 years.

Super-duper!
cyklopljud
otoskope wrote:
Fredguy, if you go for it (and I think you should w00t) make sure you get the right model - there's a newer generation of that battery that doesn't do 16V, I think (only 9 or 12V).

This is the right one:
http://www.ianker.com/product/79AN20L-SA

/Palle

This is brilliant Palle, opens up a lot of options, did you get your batteries within Europe?
otoskope
Yes, Amazon UK. Amazon DE might have them too, but I think they only had the newer model last time I checked (which doesn't have 16V).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1