MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Klangbau Köln Logistische Gleichung - any experiene ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Klangbau Köln Logistische Gleichung - any experiene ?
m:o
Hi

in search of an semi random module (mainly for cv modulation of parameters) i came across the "logistische Gleichung" --> http://www.klangbauköln.de/rnd-modul-logistische-gleichung/

do someone of you use this?
the info says it gives out random to repetetive sequences according to the clock input - adjustable by one distribution knob.

any videos demos?

thx
flx
Sorry for reviving this old thread. I must have missed it back then! I've had the Log Equation module for a while.


Ringhausen posted a video demo of the Klangbau Logistische Gleichung in which it sequences the pitch of a VCO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewrxcotQeI0&feature=youtu.be


In this video I let the module ping my Twin Peak filter (which is awesome because the filter responds to the strength/amplitude of the pings so nicely):


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z5O-RDN1yM&index=36&list=PL5AAC61D0DF 9D715D
101010oxo
meek! wrote:
Hi

in search of an semi random module (mainly for cv modulation of parameters) i came across the "logistische Gleichung" --> http://www.klangbauköln.de/rnd-modul-logistische-gleichung/

do someone of you use this?
the info says it gives out random to repetetive sequences according to the clock input - adjustable by one distribution knob.

any videos demos?

thx


I use and quite like the combo "Logistische Gleichung" and a trigger delay. There was a good article (in German) in "Synthesizer Magazin" no. 52 that can be bought (as pdf) here: http://synmag.1a-shops.eu/

Can't say I fully comprehend what is going on but you can often find interesting sequences.
flx
101010oxo wrote:

I use and quite like the combo "Logistische Gleichung" and a trigger delay. There was a good article (in German) in "Synthesizer Magazin" no. 52 that can be bought (as pdf) here: http://synmag.1a-shops.eu/

Can't say I fully comprehend what is going on but you can often find interesting sequences.


Here is how I understand it (I'm not a math guy at all):

This is the typical distribution of the log equation output (the knob on the module increases the "chaos", going more towards the right of the graph):



So the CV basically always goes high, low, high, low etc. but in different amounts. You can hear that the patterns stay less chaotic when the knob is turned more to the left. The high/low points can even cross, but they always stay in a certain range, as depicted in the graph.

If you feed the CV into a CV Trigger Delay, the "high" CV will delay the trigger longer than the "low" CV, but because both usually alternate, you will get almost swinging patterns.

I'll see if I can film a demo video of it sometime.

Edit: Meanwhile, go to 1:09 in the above Ringhausen demo video or click here:
https://youtu.be/ewrxcotQeI0?t=1m9s

He starts with the knob at the left and turns it up. Like in the graph above, the high/low CV distance increases and gets more "random" the further he turns the knob to the right.
flx
Here's a demo video of the Klangbau Köln Logistic Equation/Logistische Gleichung w00t


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMozPzJxBxk&list=PLa9Em_H8Xs_a2PhTBp4A -Geqcr78uJyTO&index=1
timoka
thanks very much for this video @flx!
great module!!
klangbauer
LogGleichung or LogEquation is an algorythm borrowed from Biolocy. It describes up and downs of two populations. See diagram from flx, it is called "Feigenbaum diagramm".
It has a limit and unpredictable phases. The random part we use for our module. Becaus it is chaotic it produces selfsimilar results. I call it melodies, because it is not radically random.

At the moment we are developing a real analog version, with more live inside. Because it is a module that calculates, it is an "Analog Computer" device with a real S/H for feeback.

See Doepfer´s page and look at patch samples. You can try to patch it in your system also, luck.

best klangbaukoeln
101010oxo
klangbauer wrote:
[...]See Doepfer´s page and look at patch samples. You can try to patch it in your system also, luck.


http://www.doepfer.de/a100_man/a100_patch.htm

Look for "Chaos Patch"
101010oxo
klangbauer wrote:
At the moment we are developing a real analog version, with more live inside. Because it is a module that calculates, it is an "Analog Computer" device with a real S/H for feeback.


That sounds interesting! Any idea when that might be done?
Timmy
Just to mention that the Quantermain app in the Ornaments and Crime module includes a quad channel logistic map (logistic equation) implementation, with or without quantisation, with voltage control over the r (distribution) parameter. See https://github.com/mxmxmx/O_C/wiki/Ornaments-and-Crimes-extended-firmw are#quantermain
jimmie
very interesting...
stonegrizzly
Really neat, I was actually just talking with a friend about making my own logistic map module before I knew about this (I also have a bifurcation tattoo on my leg hyper )
klangbauer
Finished Logistic Map made pur analog. It works well and fast.
It produces a rich variety of CV out. Pictures are made with an analog oszilloskop controll CVin of LogGl and with a very fast trigger puls.
If you are interested in one please ask me.

klangbauer
After Sines and Squares 2016 in Manchester the Logistic Map module build fully analog - as an analog computer - is ready.
It produces a rich variety of CV´s. Every module is a bit different because it is depentent of parts and other external parametes. I think that is great. It works in a loop with my new developed "true S/H" on board.
It has a Trigger in, CV in and Chaos out. It reproduces a "Feigenbaum Diagramm" on the scope, if a synced ramp from the scope controlles CVin.

If you are intereseted please ask me for further details.

101010oxo
klangbauer wrote:
If you are intereseted please ask me for further details.


How does the output differ from the previous version? It being analog is very interesting but I am primarily interested in the resulting CV/triggers...

Also a picture of the module would be cool!

You are saying it is available? What is the price?
novotnik
101010oxo wrote:


Also a picture of the module would be cool!


err... klangbauer posted a picture of the module just one post above hihi
Robotruck
This thread makes me wanna spend money I really don't have.
101010oxo
novotnik wrote:
101010oxo wrote:


Also a picture of the module would be cool!


err... klangbauer posted a picture of the module just one post above hihi


Sorry, must be me but I don't see one above... Link please?
maltemark
Robotruck wrote:
This thread makes me wanna spend money I really don't have.


The experience of being bifurcated from your wallet ...

Did not look more closely at this module before, but this is interesting - nice with an analog implementation!
klangbauer
After designing a double or true S/H is it possible to build an analog version of my LogGl. It is a real and small analog computer. Because of its instable nature every module runs a bit individual. It creates a rich variety of CV textures that changes over time. To find a stabel or peridoic part is a challenge. CV input is implemented. CV-input pot works as a magnifier if nothing is connected.
No random - chaotic, and analog !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group