MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Unify expander much quiter than main unit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Circuit Abbey  
Author Unify expander much quiter than main unit
loydb
If I have the level all the way up on both the base unit and the expander, the expander signal is far, far lower than that of the same source plugged directly into 1-4 on the main unit. This is not desired behavior, right?

Thanks.
scottmoon
I was thinking of picking one up. I'll have to follow this thread.
BrotherTheo
loydb wrote:
If I have the level all the way up on both the base unit and the expander, the expander signal is far, far lower than that of the same source plugged directly into 1-4 on the main unit. This is not desired behavior, right?

Thanks.

No, this is not normal behavior. Do you have the pan pots centered?

--BT
loydb
Yes.
loydb
I was kind of hoping it was going to be a mis-set jumper or something. But that would have been too easy... very frustrating
BrotherTheo
loydb wrote:
I was kind of hoping it was going to be a mis-set jumper or something. But that would have been too easy... very frustrating

So just to verify: the Unify level pot and the Unify expander level pot are set to the same level, and as you move a patch cord from one input to the next the levels are way different? I just did that test on my rig and the levels are the same.

--BT
loydb
Hey, you know what makes the expander work *much* better? Making sure the power cable is completely seated. Since there are no LEDs to indicate power, and *some* signal was leaking, I assumed it was just quiet (well, it *was* just quiet).

Thanks for the response, sorry for the alarm...

very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Circuit Abbey  
Page 1 of 1