MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutant Bassdrum DECAY function not working on new build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Author Mutant Bassdrum DECAY function not working on new build
sumdumguy
i finished my bassdrum build last night and found the decay feature did not work. did some troubleshooting this AM resoldered the headers and the connections near the decay control and the trimpot. after some wiggling and bringing the trimpot down to about 3.7 the decay feature worked. I cleaned the boards let them dry and did final assembly. only to find that the decay feature does not work again/still. looking for advice on which components to specifically troubleshoot. thanks.eric
ilya.n
I have the same issue. Decay doesn't react to knob moving or CV input. Have you managed to solve the problem?

I also noticed the ENV LED blinks only if the signal level is strong enough (e.g. it would not blink on clean channel signal with Tone knob in the left half of the range).

Cheers.
regenbot
Maybe the header connection are poor. I had some on my Mutant Clap build. Adding little solder to the header pins solved that problem.

Propably good idea to check the continuity on the headers thumbs up

sumdumguy wrote:
i finished my bassdrum build last night and found the decay feature did not work. did some troubleshooting this AM resoldered the headers and the connections near the decay control and the trimpot. after some wiggling and bringing the trimpot down to about 3.7 the decay feature worked. I cleaned the boards let them dry and did final assembly. only to find that the decay feature does not work again/still. looking for advice on which components to specifically troubleshoot. thanks.eric
ilya.n
regenbot wrote:
Maybe the header connection are poor. I had some on my Mutant Clap build. Adding little solder to the header pins solved that problem.

Propably good idea to check the continuity on the headers thumbs up

Thanks for your response. I have re-heated the header plates and added a tiny bit of solder to each one and checked the continuity before and after. Continuity was there both times, but unfortunately no luck.

It sounds so awesome, just this decay issue is spoiling the awe... cry
sumdumguy
ilya.n wrote:
I have the same issue. Decay doesn't react to knob moving or CV input. Have you managed to solve the problem?

I also noticed the ENV LED blinks only if the signal level is strong enough (e.g. it would not blink on clean channel signal with Tone knob in the left half of the range).

Cheers.

sadly i have not resolved the problem yet. mine also has the 'env' led flashing only at strong signal levels. i have since built the hihats which is working AOK.

I actually tried replacing the headers completely, which did not resolve the problem.

my troubleshooting to follow.
ilya.n
sumdumguy wrote:

sadly i have not resolved the problem yet. mine also has the 'env' led flashing only at strong signal levels. i have since built the hihats which is working AOK.

I actually tried replacing the headers completely, which did not resolve the problem.

my troubleshooting to follow.

That's unfortunate! I have emailed hexinverter on this... Hopefully we'll figure it out.

EDIT: I have replaced all IC's and it works now.
spruce999
Mine was prebulit and the env led is working like ilya.n said. Not a big deal for me
synthetek
I am also having the same problem with the decay pot and CV not doing anything. I am able to adjust the decay with the trimmer. I tested the connections between the headers , I tried replacing the ICs. Everything else seems to work , any Ideas on what to check next?
Thanks
synthetek
I figured it out, one of the vactrols did not have a dot on it and it was backwards. Working fine now seriously, i just don't get it Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Hexinverter Electronique  
Page 1 of 1