MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Shuttle Control by Endorphines
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Author Shuttle Control by Endorphines
loowfizzz
So I love just playing with my small system on the couch:

loowfizzz
kstl wrote:
Next stop is try with some Ipad apps that can control those parameters, and use with some random Reaktor sequencers and Numerology, imo the best software sequencer out.

Lot of stuff in mind, so little time... very frustrating

Oh Numerology looks really cool fur the Shuttle Control! And it has Ableton Push und Launchpad Support.

I will try that when I have time again - thanks for the advice!
papertiger
kstl wrote:
Next stop is try with some Ipad apps that can control those parameters, and use with some random Reaktor sequencers and Numerology, imo the best software sequencer out.

Lot of stuff in mind, so little time... very frustrating

Numerology is super fun to use with the modular. I've been experimenting with that this week. It's nice to be able to label modulators, too, since it's so easy to get carried away. smile

Jim at Five12 is also incredibly responsive if you ever have any questions, etc.!
scottmoon
Already posted this to another thread but maybe some will find this useful. Using the Shuttle as 16 LFO sines to modulate a bunch of parameters. I'm going to set up a patch for sequencing from my iPad next.

Robscorch
This thing is bonkers I will have to acquire one after I get onboard Endorphine.Es airways. I still want Terminal first then I will be adding shuttle to my set up for sure. I'm looking at this like I need to get the the heavens before I can step up into space. something wonderful
scottmoon
Another test of the Shuttle. This time running 4 different sequences from an iPad running the Xynthesizr app.

loowfizzz
[quote="scottmoon"]Another test of the Shuttle. This time running 4 different sequences from an iPad running the Xynthesizr app.

Hey scottmoon - cool video! As I got my Shuttle I was searching for used iPads but then I had this cool Ableton Setup.

Maybe I start searching again....
scottmoon
[quote="loowfizzz"]
scottmoon wrote:
Another test of the Shuttle. This time running 4 different sequences from an iPad running the Xynthesizr app.

Hey scottmoon - cool video! As I got my Shuttle I was searching for used iPads but then I had this cool Ableton Setup.

Maybe I start searching again....

You don't have to ude an iPad. A computer will work with the right software and a browser for programming. I've used both so far.
phosfiend
How's the latency from a computer? I mean, it's USB>MIDI>CV so it's not going to be snappy like SilentWay, but usable? Acceptably playable?
mafouka
Is this module able to supply phantom power to a Korg MicroKey USB keyboard?
kstl
phosfiend wrote:
How's the latency from a computer? I mean, it's USB>MIDI>CV so it's not going to be snappy like SilentWay, but usable? Acceptably playable?

I did a live set this weekend with this setup, and sincerely, didn't notice any latency in any sequence coming from the laptop, and used it for rhythms + synth sequences
phosfiend
Awesome, cheers. This and the FH1 are battling it out in my mind
scottmoon
I just finished building this new case being powered by the Shuttle Control. I had to carefully choose the modules as I didn't want to draw more current than it can supply.

Here's a little video of my first run with it.

vaxoid
mafouka wrote:
Is this module able to supply phantom power to a Korg MicroKey USB keyboard?

Sure. I'm powering my BassStation II and it's works perfectly as usb/midi host via single usb cable.
loowfizzz
scottmoon wrote:
You don't have to ude an iPad. A computer will work with the right software and a browser for programming. I've used both so far.

Yes I know but the iPad has so many nice sequencer-apps.

At this time I have a nice Ableton Live/Push combo running in my SC!
scottmoon
loowfizzz wrote:
scottmoon wrote:

Yes I know but the iPad has so many nice sequencer-apps.

At this time I have a nice Ableton Live/Push combo running in my SC!

What are your favorites? I'm always open to new Apps.
loowfizzz
scottmoon wrote:
What are your favorites? I'm always open to new Apps.

For playing I am really interested in TC Data and Lemur and for sequencing I think Auxy and Modstep is the way to go!
Hazza26
Noob setting up first system here, trying to work out whether to go for Shuttle Control or ES-3.

I have an unused ADAT 8 channel out ready to go.

So obvious plus points for this are USB connection so I could plug in my iPad, also power source. Negative - more expensive.

So trying to understand how communication would work with my DAW (Logic)... I would set up the USB output as a MIDI Instrument, send CC or note data which is then transmitted as varying voltages out of the CV outs? Is there then potentially a quantising/zipping issue with 1-127 CC data resolution?

How does if compare operationally to Expert Sleepers (which btw I have also not used) if I want to set up tempo-synced LFOs etc? Is there anything that Expert Sleepers can do which I'd be missing out on?

Can I transmit audio to it as well as MIDI / CV?

Sorry for all the questions!
guestt
I'm totally in love... gotta get me one of these - totally wicked! FH1 was on the cards, but with this there's no need for a double host resolver to connect an iPad. Win! thumbs up
Hazza26
Great stuff... What's the issue with the double host resolver? How does this win over the FH-1? Just watched the NAMM vid and that also looks super tasty.
guestt
Hazza26 wrote:
Great stuff... What's the issue with the double host resolver? How does this win over the FH-1? Just watched the NAMM vid and that also looks super tasty.

Both the FH-1 and the iPad act as USB hosts, i.e. you can't connect them directly to one another, erm, because they both want to be host; you need something like the iConnectMidi2+ to connect the two.

Nothing wrong with FH-1 - it's just not what I am looking for whereas the Shuttle Control hits the nail on the head - I've literally been dreaming about such a module so it is a dream come true - doesn't happen that often hey wink

Edit: I didn't dream about being able to connect an iPad and a usb device, so it's even better than that! Yeah... I'm excited!

Lemur > Modular This is fun!
Hazza26
Ah ok, so you can plug the iPad straight into the Shuttle Control but not into the FH-1.
geremyf
Does anyone have a price. Originally I thought it was $299 but then I heard $499?
scottmoon
Yes it's $499 versus $279 for the FH-1 but you get 16 CVs and can connect to an iPad directly while also using a USB controller and one more USB socket for a lamp (5v), plus you can power a small to medium rack. It will also connect to a computer if you don't want to use an iPad. This is what I'm using it for right now https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/186009
loowfizzz
scottmoon wrote:
https://www.modulargrid.net/e/racks/view/186009

I love the artrack!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Page 3 of 27