MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Shuttle Control by Endorphines
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Author Shuttle Control by Endorphines
Sinamsis
3pand
Yeah, I looked it up. You're right haha.
Sinamsis
Has anyone on OS X encountered an error when trying to run the command file to update the firmware? I seemed to have semi bricked my unit when uploading a preset (it freezes when I go to that preset) and I was going to reflash the firmware but I keep getting this error:

Quote:
The file “update_shuttle_v3.cmd.command” could not be executed because you do not have appropriate access privileges.
3pand
I updated the firmware many months ago on OS X with no problems. Maybe send an email to the endorphin.es people? I’ve heard they are super helpful and responsive. Hope it gets resolved soon!
Sinamsis
I had updated it many times as well. I found another source to download the update from and this one worked. So problem solved. Haven't pushed it yet to see if the problem of dropping notes when slamming it with CC messages has resolved, but supposedly the beta fixes this.
behndy
i posted a bit about how i was having a problem with some CV/gates not being sent from a pattern from Deluge. been hecksa busy so just emailed the awesome EndorphinHumans last night, they responded this morning and suggested trying the newest firmware, worked a charm.

all problems fixed, can attempt using the Deluge as my Main Bebe Brain Box now.

i have to be careful when using gates instead of triggers that the gates have enough space between each other, but that's part of how Deluge does ties and note length, not on the Shuttle at all.

love the simplicity yet depth of this module, support is awesome, they make neat music in their band..... so. much. DELICIOUSNESS.

i have the HAPPIEST of butts.
chapelier fou
Hi there, new user of Shuttle Control (+ Ableton Live). I've got a question, maybe a stupid one, because I'm quite tired.

Here's the setup :
Intellijel Quadra envelope (in ASR mode) to open my VCA.
I play notes from Live via MIDI.

What I'd like is that each new note retriggers the envelope. Is it even possible ?
Or should I go for an envelope with a dedicated retrigger input (like Intellijel ADSR) and add an additional trigger for each note on the Shuttle setup ? (like factory preset C).
behndy
everything here is being sequenced by Deluge through a Shuttle Control -

chapelier fou
chapelier fou wrote:
Hi there, new user of Shuttle Control (+ Ableton Live). I've got a question, maybe a stupid one, because I'm quite tired.

Here's the setup :
Intellijel Quadra envelope (in ASR mode) to open my VCA.
I play notes from Live via MIDI.

What I'd like is that each new note retriggers the envelope. Is it even possible ?
Or should I go for an envelope with a dedicated retrigger input (like Intellijel ADSR) and add an additional trigger for each note on the Shuttle setup ? (like factory preset C).

Don't mind answering.
My Shuttle Control is dead. So is the iMac on which it was connected and where my next album lies. I've got other priorities from now.
Daisuk
Anyone tried using their Shuttle Control with Plonk? Trying to send some quick triggers (uni trigger) from Ableton Live through Shuttle to Plonk, but Plonk will miss a few trigs here and there. Plonk will trigger every time from Pams at the same speed.

Is there some other trig option that will trigger faster or at a different treshold somehow?
Umcorps
Daisuk wrote:
Anyone tried using their Shuttle Control with Plonk? Trying to send some quick triggers (uni trigger) from Ableton Live through Shuttle to Plonk, but Plonk will miss a few trigs here and there. Plonk will trigger every time from Pams at the same speed.

I have exactly the same issue using midi clock divisions from SC into Plonk.

It only happens when SC is the trigger source. I've not yet managed to track down why it happens. My first theory was that maybe the SC triggers weren't strong enough but, on the general Plonk thread here it was confirmed that the voltage threshold for Plonk to recognise something as a trigger was < 1v.

So not that..

My second theory is that maybe the pulse width of SC triggers is too small for Plonk but I've not yet measured that properly.

Pam, of course, lets you adjust the width of the triggers so it could be worth testing theory 2 by checking how reliable Plonk is with that when the triggers are really tight?

Other than that, I'm struggling for an explanation.
fjoesz
you can ad some time to the triggers out of SC
it helped me syncing the varigate.
varigate skipped steps and is rocksolid now
maybe it can help hitting plonk too
Umcorps
Ah! I'd not noticed that option getting added in the update cycle.

Thanks. My guess is that will sort this problem out. (Also hadn't spotted the default trigger width is 1ms which is probably the source of the problem)

Daisuk
Umcorps wrote:

Thanks. My guess is that will sort this problem out. (Also hadn't spotted the default trigger width is 1ms which is probably the source of the problem)

Nice find! Thanks a lot. smile I'll try this tonight.
3pand
Also did not know about this! Amazing how much great stuff they keep adding to this module. Thanks all.
Daisuk
Umcorps wrote:

Can confirm that this works a treat. Thanks! smile
Daisuk
Argh, after a long time trying to figure out what is wrong with this thing, I figured I probably just need to calibrate. screaming goo yo
stickman
I built an enclosure for my shuttle control to take advantage of it being self powered, here it is next to my xr12 in my WIP synth/euro/mixer case (held on with velcro)

Enclosure is £3.25: bitsbox
drowld
winter is coming so should the black version of the shuttle control
amiright
stickman
Hey folks - have an up and coming gig and still can't get the shuttle control to respond to pitch bend.. Am sending via digitakt.

Have tried reflashing firmware, and all possible settings I can think of... Everything else responds to pitch bend and have checked messages using midi-ox..

:(

Any ideas?
-S.L-
hey everyone.

just got the module. I bought it mainly for polyphonic purposed. and I do have a question as I couldn't get the answer to that in the manual.

I use Ableton Live (10). What I want to archive is simple, using all the CV output as the following:

CV out 1 = 1v/Oct - CV out 09 = Gate
CV out 2 = 1v/Oct - CV out 10 = Gate
CV out 3 = 1v/Oct - CV out 11 = Gate
CV out 4 = 1v/Oct - CV out 12 = Gate
CV out 5 = 1v/Oct - CV out 13 = Gate
CV out 6 = 1v/Oct - CV out 14 = Gate
CV out 7 = 1v/Oct - CV out 15 = Gate
CV out 8 = 1v/Oct - CV out 16 = Gate

You get the idea, but I want each voice to be independent, with it's own midi channel, as for example CV out 1 / CV out 09 being a bassline with midi channel 1, CV out 2 / CV out 10 being a lead with midi channel 2 and so on...

I couldn't get this to work, even thou i was assigning each channel in Ableton with it's own independent Midi Channel. All I got is just random notes, that some are playing, some aren't, skipping notes, or won't even play anything exepted Channel 1.

Any specific thing to apply on the https://www.endorphin.es/cargo3 set up thing ? What am I missing here ? (obviously I did import the preset .mid file into the module using Sysex)

Thanks ! Guinness ftw!
jox2000
-S.L- wrote:
hey everyone.

I couldn't get this to work, even thou i was assigning each channel in Ableton with it's own independent Midi Channel. All I got is just random notes, that some are playing, some aren't, skipping notes, or won't even play anything exepted Channel 1.

what are your midi settings in the SC editor per output? should be the same channel as in LIVE.
i don't use it with LIVE, but i use four voices with the digitone and have no problem, so it should work with live.
Umcorps
-S.L- wrote:

Any specific thing to apply on the https://www.endorphin.es/cargo3 set up thing ? What am I missing here ? (obviously I did import the preset .mid file into the module using Sysex)

Thanks ! Guinness ftw!

Have you set all the outputs to Voice 1?

Also, uncheck the Keep Voices box.
-S.L-
Hi ! Thanks for your answers, technically my set up in the SC editor is the way you say it is suppose to be. I'll be away the week-end for work but ill be be after and will doublce check and experiement more, will keep you posted, no reasons it should not work !
zynapse
I'm trying to figure out whats going on here. When using octatrack as sequencer via Shuttle Mate (Pitch 1V/octave and Gate Uni) only alternate notes are being played. Gate Note Uni works as I would have expected the above setup to but only when Note 2 on octatrack midi note page is set to + 8 steps.
zynapse
OK - I solved my previous problem. However...

Anyone using octatrack and shuttle control + shuttle mate care to share their set-up? I have updated to latest firmware for Shuttle Control as recommended by Andreas.

I have tried every gate / trigger uni / bi possible including the trigger / gate note.

I have also experimented with note length in octatrack. Kind of going around in circles at this point.

Notes are frequently dropped. I am using Synchronization to Pamela's New Workout - in addition to dropped gates / notes the synchronization kind of hiccups every now and kind also.

Thanks in advance.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next [all]
Page 25 of 27