MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

when will we be able to have just a trigger with no cv
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Author when will we be able to have just a trigger with no cv
revstate
i know we can have multiple cvs with one trigger, but i want to use the volta to control a drm1 mkIII and a MBase through trigger inputs. is this an update that will be soon?

-bp
MrBiggs
Why not merely use the trigger sequencer? I often set up Volta with just a trigger seq or two to clock stuff like my modular sequencers.

Brian
doctorvague
MrBiggs wrote:
Why not merely use the trigger sequencer? I often set up Volta with just a trigger seq or two to clock stuff like my modular sequencers.

Brian

Same here. I use 4 Volta trigger sequencers at different intervals and use a 4X4 matrix switcher to switch and route them on the fly. Then I often use a fifth Volta trigger seq set to fire every measure or 2 and use that as a reset pulse for the analog sequencers so everything has a 'One' reference. I love the tight timing of syncing this way. No MIDI slop at all. Even 64th notes are tighty-tight. The nice thing about the trigger sequencers is their versatility. You can set up rhythms, syncopations, off-beats, triplets, dots etc. It's an interesting area I've been exploring for several months. I HIGHLY recommend a hardware switcher of some kind (even a toggle switch) and to give these ideas a try.

Be sure to lower the duration of your trigger sequencers WAY down (I use 5). They default to 100 and won't work which is a fucking dumbass default for that parameter. I bet quite a few people have walked away from trying the trigger sequencer thinking something was wrong just because of that one parameter- it's easy to overlook.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Volta  
Page 1 of 1