MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

My "Easel Extension Card" Thing!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author My "Easel Extension Card" Thing!
MDP
Hey everyone! It's been a long time...

While I'm still very much enjoying the Easel, I wanted to have more control over the parameters that didn't have CV inputs.
So I decided to make this little extension card to allow me to send voltage to areas of the Easel that couldn't have CV inputs before. It's basically just the normal Easel card with soldered banana jacks - nothing too fancy! This is fun!

Here it is!:

Obviously it's a bit rough and could maybe have more controls, but it seems to do the job for me. What do you guys think?

Cheers! smile
papz
Nice looking with the case ! thumbs up

Here's mine, which offers currently
- 2 step sequence switch
- sequencer stages CV
- keyboard/pulser trigger switch for the sequencer, to sum with the one of the panel switch
- keyboard/pulser trigger switch for the random generator, to sum with the one of the panel switch
- sequencer trigger switch for the random generator
- MO hi/lo frequency switch
- attack, duration and decay variable CV input
- CO waveshape level variable CV input
- MO waveform CV

construct09
Nice work guys applause
rastko
construct09 wrote:
Nice work guys applause

Very nice indeed .
MDP
Thanks guys! So far it's been working pretty well, although the sequencer inputs are a bit weird to use.

papz wrote:
Nice looking with the case ! thumbs up

Here's mine, which offers currently
- 2 step sequence switch
- sequencer stages CV
- keyboard/pulser trigger switch for the sequencer, to sum with the one of the panel switch
- keyboard/pulser trigger switch for the random generator, to sum with the one of the panel switch
- attack, duration and decay variable CV input
- MO waveform CV

Wow, that is insanely good - and with sliders/switches too! eek!
papz
Thanks

I updated it.
It now features, from left to right
- 2 step sequence switch
- sequencer stages CV via a "to card" banana
- switch to select if the signal at the other "to card" banana is routed to the MO or to the CO waveshape
- attack variable CV input
- keyboard trigger switch for the envelope, to sum with the one of the panel switch
- duration variable CV input
- decay variable CV input
- keyboard trigger switch for the pulser, to sum with the one of the panel switch

SlayerBadger!

construct09
love Roman Rev2 papz?
papz
Yes it's a 208r rev2 with a rev1 panel.
But my extension card should work with a BEMI 208 too, I'll test next time I see one passing by.
papz
And now with this great looping EG mod https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1926805#1926805 SlayerBadger!

mnol3717
wow very cool indeed applause applause applause
Zeitdehner
Papz, you never sleep, do you ?
You know, I've got this looping EG mod as standard on my BEMI Easel ... hihi

thumbs up
papz
But you do not have the spike wafeform as standard too hihi
qp
and a fraction of the cost! hihi

Now that I have this looping EG, I need to make an expansion board with jacks too to get to the EG CV's.
papz
Total price of the parts needed to build a 208r rev2 is close to $2000 today (in Belgium, because of the customs racket, most parts come from US).
If you add the work hours, it's finally not cheaper than a BEMI.

I might do a few PCBs of my expansion card, if there is some interest.
papz
I added a CV mixer to my extension card.
It has two inputs, one with an attenuator, very useful.

construct09
That's cool! Man, wish I had a rev 2, not 1 sad banana
Cobramatic
papz wrote:
I added a CV mixer to my extension card.
It has two inputs, one with an attenuator, very useful.

I LOVE IT!! - looks like a prop from a Mad Max Movie SlayerBadger! applause

papz
Thanks guys.

Construct09 : the 208 rev1's program card slot is well wired and working (pinout is in the schematics), I did a few tests in the past, currently I use it to make glitches with a rev2 program card and plan to do a similar extension card for it also (when I'll have time w00t ) and Alka etched a cool glitch card.
Maybe something in the alternate system Roman imagined doesn't work as expected and makes it unusable for presets, which should explain why he gave up with doing the cards ?
But at least routing CVs to and from some points works and +/-15V can be connected via the unused contacts.
construct09
papz wrote:
Thanks guys.

Construct09 : the 208 rev1's program card slot is well wired and working (pinout is in the schematics), I did a few tests in the past, currently I use it to make glitches with a rev2 program card and plan to do a similar extension card for it also (when I'll have time w00t ) and Alka etched a cool glitch card.
Maybe something in the alternate system Roman imagined doesn't work as expected and makes it unusable for presets, which should explain why he gave up with doing the cards ?
But at least routing CVs to and from some points works and +/-15V can be connected via the unused contacts.

That's GREAT news!!! Would be great to have access to the rev1 slot...
I thought Alka was concerned about damaging his easel using that card?
papz
Indeed he did, but I don't remember why.

According to the schematics the only power rail available on the rev1 program slot is +13.5V, I don't think it's very risky imo as this is the max CV which can be routed to the parameters via the banana sockets.
A risky connection would be a short between the positive and negative rails, but these are not present on the slot.
construct09
Sorry to bring this up again papz hihi

I confirm again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again that the 208r rev2 and 208 BEMI cards are compatible. Some unfounded rumors die hard

A Bemi card will work in the rev 1?
papz
It depends on what you want to do with hihi
construct09
hihi

If you were to do an ext card for a rev1 using the bemi card do you know what the bemi card would 'support'? ( for want of a better term) hmmm.....

I happen to have a few bemi cards but no Roman cards, that's why I ask thumbs up
Cobramatic
I'm doing this right now.
To know what you are hooking up you need the rev1 schematics. The pin outs are shown. There are less pin outs than a BEMI or Rev2 208.
Even then it's not that simple.
I'm gong to figure it out by trial and error (and a multimeter ) !!

You can plug the BEMI card into the slot - but don't expect it to work like on the BEMI Easel.
alka
My glitch card should be fine really besides the slight electrical buzz one gets when the sequencer is running top speeds and you make particular front to back connections (both sides of the card are etched). It was the now infamous Charles Cohen who said he damaged his Easel doing the tactile interface card thing, but perhaps it was unrelated...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2