MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

What will cause an amp to do this...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author What will cause an amp to do this...
jonkull
I have an old Peavey Bandit 112 Scorpion that I bought back in 1991 or 1992. It's been in storage since 1998. It's not working correctly. When I turn it on I get no audio (well it's barely audible and accompanied by crackling). No matter where I turn the volume knob it doesn't change with regular playing. However if I crank the volume to 10 and play a very quick staccato note the audio will kick in and I can use the amp normally at any volume until I turn it off...then the same thing happens next time I turn it on.
modularland
bad internal cables
bad capacitors
corroded trim pots
Just me
Clean all the connectors and plugs inside. Check the shorting contacts on the send/return loop, too. Being able to clear it with a high voltage blast sure sounds like dirty connectors. (I used to service Peavey back in the old days. Was always built pretty well physically.)
At 20 years, the electrolytic caps could be on the way out, too.
colorform2113
Heh that kinda sounds like what happens to my peavy keyboard amp. Except I have to stick a dummy plug half way into the pre eq patch input 1st. seriously, i just don't get it
Just me
That sounds like a bad jack. Easy to replace.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1