MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

tidal wave ...how do YOU use it ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Author tidal wave ...how do YOU use it ?
loss1234
I'd love to hear from tidal wave users on how you use it !!

[/list]
geremyf
Well I don't have one yet but I plan to combine it with an intellijel Atlantis and make noise phonogene. Mostly filtering and waveshaping. Also a voice for phonogene recording...fm'ing the Atlantis, etc. I'm pretty excited to get one and start wiggling.
ginorobair
I had one for two weeks for a project: it was a blast! Much more subtle than what I thought it would offer. Loved it as a VC mixer and crossfader. Used the filter and VCA a lot.

Hope to own one some day.
thumbs up
geremyf
I did get one to use with the Atlantis and Phonogene. It does so much. I think it's crazy how much functionality is packed into this thing. My current patch is Taking the saw, square and sub outputs of the Atlantis main osc. and running them into the Atlantis high-pass filter, the Tidal Wave low pass filter, the Tidal Wave waveshaper and then the Atlantis envelope is cv'ing the Tidal Wave vca. Using the Tidal Wave lfo to modulate the Metropolis for transposition and the Atlantis filter cutoff. Experimenting with the waveshaper feedback. So much fun.
sonnobadger
I've been using it in unison with the tb303. 303 cv out > dixieII > Input of TidalWave. 330 Gate into vca in of the tidal wave. Serious acid sounds when you find the sweet spot of the waveshaping, filter and the right amount of dry/wet. I did also straight 303 output into the module.

Not sure, but I think I'm by passing the LFO with a blank input into the ws/bus input?
geremyf
So I was lamenting the fact that there is no gate input for the EG when using the tidal wave in voice mode. I tried a couple of things and I did stumble on a way to do it but I'm not sure it's healthy for the module: lfo out -> lfo cv in with a stackable. Then plug the gate into the stackable. It also works if you have an analog or like in MI links.

Technically it isn't healthy without the 'or' because you ar connecting out of the LFO to the gate output.

Oh, and make sure that EG is set to trigger off of square (bottom switch position).
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> SNAZZY FX  
Page 1 of 1