MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Tantek modular effects
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Tantek modular effects
LektroiD
I managed to score a rack of Tantek Tanrak effects. They all work, but could do with some TLC, so they are on my bench awaiting rework... I don't have the complete set, but do have some of the schematics and paperwork, not all (I will scan these in due course). If anyone has any info on these, particularly how the bus section should be used, and in what order the modules are best placed, please link here.
magman
I've just managed to dig up this thread, actually from a Google search, as I managed to miss it first time around.

The Tantek modules were mostly published as DIY articles in the now defunct magazine H&SR - Home & Studio Review, as well as being offered as kits and completed modules. I have all of the relevant magazines in my collection and have already scanned the articles, so if you are interested in some copies just let me know.

I also have a rack with a few of these modules that I picked up from Vemia a few years ago. They are well down in my testing queue though, so I haven't tested them as yet - just a bit of an impulse purchase at the time. I also have a rack of Rebis modules that some one managed to connect mains to the DC power input of - these will also be restored at some time in the future.

Regards

Mag man
trigger-happy
hello Magman / Lektroid,
can either of you gentlemen help me out with schems or scans for the comp/limiter module on these tanteks? i've a rack with a few modules in, but mainly interested in the comp/lim. i've only found the mag review, and it doesn't help much. any help appreciated!
bests,
trigger-happy
magman
I should be able to sort out a scan for you, hopefully by the weekend (jog my elbow with a PM if I forget).

The full scan of the January 1995 issue, that this article is in, is planned to be up on the Muzines site in the coming months, as well as the following 5 issues - this will cover a lot of the Tanrak articles.

Regards

Magman
trigger-happy
Kudos to Magman for the info:)))
The Comp/Limiters sounds great with sidechain!
Anyone reading this wants to let the Infinite Flanger module go, send me a PM. I have a few spare modules for trading. Parametric EQ, Enhancer, Pro Gates, and Dynamic Noise filter.
SMS303
LektroiD wrote:
I don't have the complete set, but do have some of the schematics and paperwork, not all (I will scan these in due course).

magman wrote:

The Tantek modules were mostly published as DIY articles in the now defunct magazine H&SR - Home & Studio Review, as well as being offered as kits and completed modules. I have all of the relevant magazines in my collection and have already scanned the articles, so if you are interested in some copies just let me know.

Regards

Mag man

If you have more info i am interested. It seems Tantek is still unknown/obscure and not many info to find around the net so far. I like to complete the Tantek info as far as possible at Audiofanzine page
magman
The first seven articles for the Tantek modules are now live on the Muzines website, starting December 1984 issue of Home & Studio Recording magazine.

H&SR on Muzines.

I suspect that the next batch of H&SR mags that Muzines will process are a month or so away from production, but this batch should catch a large proportion of the remaining Tantek project articles.

There is also a list of the projects from H&SR on the SDIY wiki here, that you may find useful.

Hope this helps

Regards

Magman
BugBrand
For anyone interested there's one on Vemia auction for this weekend - typical channel processors like comps/gates, nothing too spicey: http://www.spheremusic.com/Bargaindtl.asp?Item=19851
SMS303
magman wrote:
The first seven articles for the Tantek modules are now live on the Muzines website, starting December 1984 issue of Home & Studio Recording magazine.

H&SR on Muzines.

Thank you! thumbs up
Links added to the Audiofanzine page and Dutch Synthforum
megaohm
Check out the Modulation source module. Cool LFO and it is different than the typical synth LFOs I have seen.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1