MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ian Fritz ChaQuO build
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Ian Fritz ChaQuO build
Ekofisk
Sorry for the noob question.

I am populating the Chaquo PCB, and all is well.
However, I am currently doing the capacitors and C1-C4 quite confusing to me. I have the right parts, but I don't know which holes to put the legs in, as the cap has two legs, and there are 4 holes in each location.
Not all of the holes seem connected, so it may be logical, but I don't want to fuck it up.
If anyone has done this build, please help!
consumed
ive built it but i dont have it in front of me.
http://muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1662

do you have a multimeter? connect the capacitor across two holes that are not continuous. or just eyeball the traces.
Ekofisk
So it IS that simple?

It a pair points connected on one side and three points connected on the other. So any one of the two connected via the capacitor to any one of the three?
neandrewthal
Yeah, It's that simple. You just have to put it in any two holes that are NOT connected.
pugix
The multiple holes are to accommodate different size capacitors.
Ekofisk
Thanks a lot!

Also, the BOM list to 22OHM resistors for some optional PS thing?
If this not to be done, are the two ferrite beads supplied with the bridechamber kit for this purpose?
Luka
yup
Ekofisk
Thanks so much, all of you!
frijitz
pugix wrote:
The multiple holes are to accommodate different size capacitors.

Exactly. Just in case folks have large polystyrene caps they want to use. Nowadays, I would just use C0G ceramics.

grin

Ian
decaying.sine
bridechamber doesn't have the BOM or PDF instructions posted for ChaQuo. Where did you folks find the resistsor/caps/didode/etc key to go from silkscreened pcb location from the resistance and key mathcing in the BOM or documentation?

diodes and caps were easy to figure out but the resistors are a bear without supporting materials.
frijitz
decaying.sine wrote:
bridechamber doesn't have the BOM or PDF instructions posted for ChaQuo.

You should have been emailed the docs at the time of purchase?

Edit: sent by PM

grin

Ian
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1