MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mutable Instruments Yarns Editor
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Mutable Instruments Yarns Editor
notinachos
I wrote a software editor for Mutable Instruments' Yarns. It makes editing Yarns a snap!

Features:
* Open source! Free!
* Yarns is deep, and editing complex layouts via the encoder can be cumbersome.
* Randomize anything! Generate complex arpeggios and Euclidean patterns with the click of a button! This is FUN.
* Prolong your encoder lifespan! Combined, there are over 1,000 potential values for EACH part, and Yarns has up to four parts! That's a lot of clicking and dialing!

Check out the screenshots:

MIDI device selection page:

Layout settings page:

Part settings page:

Download the Windows release here (I'm working on Mac/Linux versions currently):
https://github.com/notinachos/yarns-editor/releases/tag/0.8

Or the source code here:
https://github.com/notinachos/yarns-editor

Disclaimer: I am not endorsed by Mutable Instruments. I'm just a guy, you know? This is a project I worked on because it was useful to me, and hopefully others as well. This release is beta. I'm sure there will be bugs that I have missed. I encourage any suggestions for improvements to the software, and I'll do my best to offer support via PM. Let me know what you think!
setsun8
Holy crap, you are a saint. This looks really well done, and now I HAVE to get a Yarns. The menu diving was really the only thing holding me back. Thank you for sharing!!
modernage
Oh man! Yeah, I will definitely be using my Yarns more once you finish up the Mac version. Sub'ing to this thread for future updates.
Wick
Nice hope to download the mac os version
notinachos
Haha, thanks! Yarns is a fantastic interface, with a ton of functionality under the hood. I totally understand the beef with menu diving, and that was a large motivator for me to write the editor. Especially when editing some of the complex 4-part layouts that Yarns is capable of!

The Mac and Linux versions use the same Python source code, so it's just a matter of fixing some bugs at this point. Hopefully I'll have them available soon! smile
satori
Downloading now, thanks for your work!
jim.sutherland
Brilliant , I'm gonna download this!

Thanks very much for making and sharing it! smile))
exper
Awesome. Can't wait for the Mac version.
Mitaric
Excellent work!
Barlov
Definitely looking forward to a mac version. Nice work!
atte
Nice. Maybe I should get a yarns hyper
Baddcr
Awesome... nice work!!!

+1 for a Mac version smile nanners
Paranormal Patroler
Extremely useful! Thanks.
mharpum
This looks ace! How is it connected to Yarns? Via MIDI?
goiks
you rule. if you ever want a discount on a case or power it's yours.

(also looking forward to the mac version)
Jericho
wicked! Thanks!
notinachos
mharpum wrote:
This looks ace! How is it connected to Yarns? Via MIDI?

Yep, it connects to Yarns via MIDI, and works by sending CC messages on the "remote control" MIDI channel (the RC option on Yarns' main menu.)
Floorz
That's massive. Good stuff!
nectarios
Well played, might flog the A-190-4 for a Yarns now.
alamandra
I was thinking the other day, wonder when someone will make a new yarns firmware, then you go about 12 better and do this goob job sir really good.
exper
I won't be able to try this until the Mac version, but curious, is it possible to make sequences in an app like this as well? It'd be cool to be able to write phrases in midi and drop them into the sequencer channels.
lohacker
Thank you, a very good idea! thumbs up
Another good reason to get a Yarns
Chartreuse-J
Yeah, great program, thanks!

thumbs up
jarvis
Fantastic! Looking forward to giving this a try over the weekend. Thanks for the effort!
notinachos
Yarns Editor v0.9 now finished!

New Features:
* Runs on Mac OS X (Yosemite), Windows, AND Linux!
* MIDI backend changed to rtmidi-python
* Lots of minor improvements and bugfixes

Download it here:
https://github.com/notinachos/yarns-editor/releases/tag/0.9

Do let me know if you notice any bugs! I'm sure there will be some... confused
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4