MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Animal nearly ready!!!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Animal nearly ready!!!
desess
Just got an e-mail from Rex and my Animal is "in burning" and will be ready to ship by the end of the week!
Can't wait to get it as Rex said out of it's cage. hihi It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners
Quicker than expected and now just dreading bad transit and a heavy customs charge! seriously, i just don't get it
Reality Checkpoint
I remember getting that same email from Rex, and blow me down if my system wasn't already winging it's way across the Atlantic as that email was sent!

Enjoy! (When you recover from the crippling HMCE charges! hihi )
Audio Resistance
I am excited for you! I love my Animal sooooo much. Now it is time to save your quid for a TKB. Dead Banana
ex_dead_teenager
congratulations!

I just have one question for all of you serge folks. why is the Animal + TKB combo so much more common than say the Animal + Sequencer panel combination?

is it a price thing? or is there more to it? Because from the looks of it you could get a lot more out of the Sequencer panel combined with the Animal than you could from the TKB though the TKB is a bad ass sequencer the Sequencer Panel has stuff like a clock divider and boolean gates and an analogue shift register as well as a sequencer and sequential programmer. So why the seeming preference for the TKB?
parasitk
You can finger the TKB. Dinner at the Y
Audio Resistance
Well, for me ever since I saw the TKB I wanted it. So that has a little to do with it. The TKB is $2800.00 and the Sequencer Panel is $3800.00 and that is another thing.

The TKB is so much more hands on as well, where as the Seq is more like you sit back and watch. Plus I plan on getting a Gator which has the Gates and divider but no ASR unless I get the Quantizer M-Panel.

It also really makes it feel like an instrument in the S-Case. I have a Animal, TKB and a Q-Slope with a Klangzeit on its way as soon as I can scrape up the rest of the cash. That would satisfy me as an instrument if I never expand past that.

Some people do prefer the SeQuencer panel to the TKB though, Pockets Mccoy comes to mind.
b3nsf
check out 30 seconds in... for pressure sounds!!

Audio Resistance
d'oh! How could I forget about the pressure, I use that all the time.
ex_dead_teenager
I think I understand now. thanks!
confusional
Redacted.
desess
I definately want the TKB or Blue CV2 next. When I first spoke to Rex he said that the Sequencer panel is suited to diatonic music(of course it has other uses) and he spoke of if you want to get hands on (tweaking knobs and patches) the TKB is the way to go. Or if you want a patch to generate itself go for the Sequencer. Price is another factor.
sascha.victoria
My first panel was an Animal. When it came time for the second I initially ordered a Blue CV2 but switched it to a Red CV1. Both panels pack a mean punch. I'm into crazy noises but I can't deny my diatonic side so the Quantizer was kind of essential. Also, the ASRs are bad ass. I didn't think I would be into them but it turns out I use them a lot. Third panel was a TKB and my system ROCKS!
desess
Well I am going to wait till I get the animal and if I find i really enjoy using DTG's etc. I will get the Blue CV2 and possibly get a TKB with the quantizer built in.
Audio Resistance
Unless there is something new in the works the TKB does not come with a built in quantizer. You can get a cable coming out of it that connects internally to a quantizer M-Panel or CV 1 though however.
desess
Quote from egres
"Most of the Serge sequencers are optionally available with an internal connection to a quantizer"
Does this not apply to TKB?
desess
Actually I think I just misread that quote as the TKB can feature one.
pickleinn
Audio Resistance wrote:
Unless there is something new in the works the TKB does not come with a built in quantizer. You can get a cable coming out of it that connects internally to a quantizer M-Panel or CV 1 though however.

Damn, I was excited for a minute thinking that the quantizer could be built into the TKB. The quantizer m-class looks cool though.
confusional
Redacted.
Audio Resistance
bradleyallen wrote:
Audio Resistance wrote:

Talk to Rex. He won't retrofit old TKBs, but yes, you can now order a TKB with quantization. It won't have the exact same options as the ASR QUAN m-odule or the TKB Quantizer function block on the full panels, but it's pretty nifty... especially if you're short on space.

That said, I have an ASR Quan m-odule on order. thumbs up

What the fuck, really? I just ordered mine like 2 months ago and asked about that specific thing. He said there was no room on the TKB to put a quantizer.

Are you saying like outputs A, B, C, D are quantized or something else.
confusional
Redacted.
b3nsf
wow, cat is out of the bag. woah
ex_dead_teenager
now they need to make another module with ASRs in it because if I ever went Serge I think I'd want my TKB internally quantized. but I love shift registers!
b3nsf
ex_dead_teenager wrote:
now they need to make another module with ASRs in it because if I ever went Serge I think I'd want my TKB internally quantized. but I love shift registers!

bwhittington
bradleyallen wrote:

Talk to Rex. He won't retrofit old TKBs, but yes, you can now order a TKB with quantization.

Sweet. I no longer feel distraught over not getting Pocket's TKB. Is the quantizer option switchable on/off? That would make me very happy!

Cheers,
Brian
Audio Resistance
b3nsf wrote:
ex_dead_teenager wrote:

Now that Benny my friend is the panel I am going to have to save up for. My next thing is still the Klangzeit but that Sequencer panel will cover the Gator I want plus the ASR. Drunken Homer Simpson
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2