MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Is Tenori On being re-issued?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Author Is Tenori On being re-issued?
bmot
I just did a search for Tenori On, to my surprise I saw that Thomann is due to have them back in stock on 1st June. So does anyone know what's happening, will there be a reissue or something else new added? I sent an email to Thomann to ask for more details.

Please Yamaha, please: NEW FIRMWARE!!!

http://www.thomann.de/gb/yamaha_tenori_on.htm

It's probably just old stock, but it's rather out of the blue, I am hoping there's something bigger at play

Edit: I've also emailed Yamaha, will update this thread if either Thomann or Yamaha reply to me
bmot
I also posted a link to this thread on the General sub forum, as I know more people visit there and are more likely to see it:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139003

(@Mods: as I said in the duplicate thread, please tell me if this is not ok - I am just trying to get info, here is the "correct" place, but the General forum has far more visitors)
Kent
Thanks for asking. However, we like to avoid having duplicate posts/threads on this forum. It causes confusion and people often think that their posts in one thread have been deleted as they are looking at the other thread. They then contact us about it... and on it goes.

I'll erase the other thread as this discussion belongs here.
bmot
bmot wrote:
I also posted a link to this thread on the General sub forum, as I know more people visit there and are more likely to see it:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139003

(@Mods: as I said in the duplicate thread, please tell me if this is not ok - I am just trying to get info, here is the "correct" place, but the General forum has far more visitors)

EDIT: fair enough, Kent.
bmot
I got a disappointing but inevitable answer from thomann: is new old stock. Nothing new going on I'm afraid
Paranormal Patroler
I missed this thread somehow. d'oh! Too late to buy a third one I guess.
bmot
If you want another one I've not found a use for mine, happy to sell.
Paranormal Patroler
Have you used it with the modular yet?
ersatzplanet
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

I use mine with the modular with 4 Kenton Pro-Solo's and the Doepfer MIDI>CV controller. Works great for live sequencing. The T-O's output mixed with the Modular is really good sounding.

I also run a dedicated old Pop-Rock E-mu Proteus with very basic sounds through its multiple outs and process them on the modular (using the CV converters to provide gates), Works really well.

The T-O is a great partner with the Modular as long as you have the MIDI>CV converters
Rigo
Reminds me that a I should fix that Midi2CV ... bad trimpot as far as I know (and I don't have any spares, and I'm also not in the mood to start making another list of parts to buy for the ever growing backlog).
But I'm looking forward to getting the Kilpatrick Phenol ... should be this month hyper
bmot
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
sorry i had a busy week and forgot to reply. I've used it as part of a hardware-only setup, various synths and drum machines and a main sequencer. I haven't really found a way to use it that's better than what i use already, so it's now unplugged and sitting in the corner. So i may as well sell it, will probably put an advert up when i'm back from holiday.

One thing that frustrated me was that you can't use another midi input device to record into the tenori on. You can route midi through it to play another connected midi device, but it won't record unless you press the tenori's buttons. I wanted to record short on the fly drum sequences which i could quickly switch between and re-record when i want to change it. I also hoped to find a way round the fixed velocity. So in the end i found it too limited for what i wanted it to do.

If i sell it i'll try a beatstep pro instead.
Lauraelwood
Hi there, I'm sure I'm on the wrong thread so please excuse me if I'm using this forum in the incorrect way at all. I'm currently working on a new online entertainment show that is looking to use more obscure instruments. I'm keen to get hold of a Tenori-On and I was wondering if you knew of any companies based in the UK or Europe that might be able to sell a second hand one. A big ask I know but any help would be very much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Laura
citric acid
i think, there will be no more invest in new Firmware etc.
I work very close to yamaha and i had done the Product demos and tutorials for yamaha in germany.

I think there will be no new work on the TO :-(
Paranormal Patroler
Yeah, we didn't expect otherwise for a long time now. Isn't it ironic ? So many grid-based sequencers with sampling options being produced as we speak and TO was the very first of the bunch. Still has the best sequencing ideas I think ...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Tenori-On  
Page 1 of 1