MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index

FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
STILL working on the logged out and session timeout issue - have a couple new strategies I'll be trying over the weekend. We will get this fixed! Thanks for your patience and sorry for the hassle.

DRM1 question - are "expanders" ever sold separate
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Author DRM1 question - are "expanders" ever sold separate

pustule

I'm excited that I've finally got a DRM1 on it's way to me after wanting to grab one for a long time.

Can you ad an "expander" onto it at a later time? If so, does BugBrand ever sell them seperately?

Thanks for the info!

P.S. Are there any voltage issues when connecting it with a Buchla system?

a100user

I see no reason you cannot buy the expander separately - assuming Tom has some built. When you get it there are a number of cables to join them together and hey presto.

Can't help with the Buchla question.

tIB

Yes to separately, although Im thinking in terms of being uncased- you'd need a bigger standalone case if it is a cased version you are getting, so not sure on that one... Tom would know.

No issues with buchla, although v/oct for each system is different.

pustule

Thanks for the replies! And yes, this is a stand-alone version that i'm getting, so i'll keep looking to see if expanders w/ cases ever come up for sale.

tIB

You'd probably be better off getting on the mailout list and Tom directly when the expanders next come up.

Anyhow, cool boxes, enjoy!

a100user

Agree with tIB here, get on the mail list as I'd be surprised to see an expander
Come up

BugBrand

I'm not that unapproachable, am I?!
(or, actually, maybe you did email me but I haven't replied yet - but, anyways, makes sense to ask this in the open)

I did mention that I'd run out of DRM1X boards in the last mailout - no definite plans to do or not to do another run at this stage.

I've not pushed the expansion route other than selling a few DRM1+X combos (ie. already expanded, housed in a 5FW case) -- but, several people have emailed over the last year or so and then we've worked out expansion by either them sending the original back to me or me sending a new 5FW case, the DRM1X and the associated cables.

The expansion is, of course, made a little difficult by the need to 'expand' the case (from 3FW to 5FW) - what I've done is offer a sort of buy back / swap out.

I guess this partly highlights my wonky ways of working -- while things do sell out quickly and I keep announcements to the mailing list in general, you can always email me -- I'm fairly accountable & respond to every email (even if just to say 'sorry, no' - or 'sorry, not at this point in time')

pustule

BugBrand wrote:
I'm not that unapproachable, am I?!
(or, actually, maybe you did email me but I haven't replied yet - but, anyways, makes sense to ask this in the open)

Cool, thanks for the info! I didn't email you personally, as I didn't want to bother you with a question that could be answered on this message board, but it's good to know that it could be a possibility in the future.
Thanks again for the info!

pustule

Just wanted to say, I just got the DRM1 in the mail yesterday, and it's really amazing. 100% Happy I grabbed this and already want to grab a 2nd (hopefully with expander) sometime soon! Used it with my Buchla 251e sequencer and it worked great with no voltage issues that I could tell.

BugBrand

Thumbs-up!

Good to hear that it works fine with the Buchla - there shouldn't have been any problems, but good to get confirmation.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices  
Page 1 of 1