MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Edelweiss & Vintage Voltron 3 *Video*
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Edelweiss & Vintage Voltron 3 *Video*
Clockgate
I have just started a new youtube channel and the first video is a demo of the Edelweiss and VV3 sequencer panels & the RandomSource Wave Mult/Res Eq I built recently. All six bidirectional routers are used. Three of them switch the rate and direction of the clock driving the programmer/sequencer, and other three switch between the four rows.

This was just a quick recording as my cat loves my synths and kept knocking it out of tune.

vav
Holy fuck. I have both of those panels and have never made ANYTHING like that, how'd you do that? I'm still new to Serge patching!
weinglas
Awesome work Al we're not worthy
This is one of the best Serge sequencer tracks, I have ever heard! love
phisynth
Wow, this is totally amazing eek!

Not only a beautiful musical piece, but also a magistral demonstration of how clever use of limited ressources can achieve complex and interesting results

Genius ! we're not worthy
phisynth
btw, is it fully automated or do you have some external control over the patch ?
BooleanYulian
Beautiful sounding patch !!! Thank you !!!
mothertongue
Very beautiful sounds! I love it applause

I'll be watching for more, thanks!!
mnol3717
great work, just beautiful love
Musicology of Dreams
Cool ambient i like it too It's peanut butter jelly time!
Greetings
rattlework
Very nice piece.
The panel combination seems like a great choice.
southphillysynths
This is ridiculous...

I have just started seriously building a serge panel and am getting pretty excited about it. This is truly inspiring me to keep going on it, and that VV3 is more powerful than I thought! thank you for posting!!
gruvsyco
This is really great.
lumin
so so good. diggin this a lot. havent heard too many serge owners create a tune like this.
Clockgate
Thanks everyone for the awesome comments, I'm hoping to do a few more videos with this combo. The Edelweiss and the VV3 are both great panels. I didn't think you have such fun with half a dozen bidirectional routers. Guinness ftw!

phisynth wrote:
btw, is it fully automated or do you have some external control over the patch ?

The master clock was provided by Reaper to enable me to get a nice tight tempo synced delay. I also manually tweaked the resonant equalizer during the video.
anto32
Really awesome patch and nice harmony!

Using a Blacet midiverter I was experiencing clock instability with reaper, that was resolve with protools;

So, i'm still looking for a nice clock panel for my Serge/CGS panels, do you use an external midi to clock converter? or just a "click" sound to trig input?
jondent
so beautiful .
Thanks for uploading.
One of the most beautiful Serge patches I have ever heard.
we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy we're not worthy
solaris
very cute song.
tech question about the sequencing: left side does the "bass line", right side the melody line.
but what+how does the transposition changes on the melody line?
Clockgate
anto32 wrote:
Really awesome patch and nice harmony!

Using a Blacet midiverter I was experiencing clock instability with reaper, that was resolve with protools;

So, i'm still looking for a nice clock panel for my Serge/CGS panels, do you use an external midi to clock converter? or just a "click" sound to trig input?

Thanks! I use a EDV MUC400 midi/cv unit which I bananafied. I haven't used it much with reaper but the clock was always stable when I did.

solaris wrote:
very cute song.
tech question about the sequencing: left side does the "bass line", right side the melody line.
but what+how does the transposition changes on the melody line?

The melody consists of a different sequence of notes programmed into each of the four rows. The row selected is determined by the bidirectional routers, controlled by various gate signals. The clock rate and direction of the melody sequencer is controlled in the same way.
solaris
Clockgate wrote:

The melody consists of a different sequence of notes programmed into each of the four rows. The row selected is determined by the bidirectional routers, controlled by various gate signals. The clock rate and direction of the melody sequencer is controlled in the same way.

thanks for the explanation, I had not noticed the sequencer has more than one row, I thought you were mixing its CV with some other source in order to transpose it.
anyway, it's a very lovely self-playing patch.
chamomileshark
lovely stuff
bluedonkey
SlayerBadger! awesome
Chaotic
I can only say thumbs up It's peanut butter jelly time!
fantomar
Wow, this track is just awesome! applause

I am really looking forward to hear more. thumbs up
pustule
really awesome man! Looking forward to more!
jsicp
beautiful stuff.
post more!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3