MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

DIY 1/4" to 1/8" jack interface
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author DIY 1/4" to 1/8" jack interface
gnombient
How difficult would it be to DIY something like the Dotcom Q122 Mini Jack Interface? Would the process be similar to doing multiples, i.e simply wiring the jacks together? Thanks for any illumination you can provide, o wise wigglers!
huh?
trace
Yes, these work just the same as multiples, just wire the tips and grounds of the two jacks together.
emdot_ambient
It actually easier and cheaper to just buy 1/4" and 3.5mm (aka 1/8") plugs plus some good wire and make a bunch of adapter cables.

And more importantly, that saves valuable cabinet space.
jfm3
Adapter cables are a good choice, but it can be a pain to have to sort patch cables.

There are also plug adapters you can get that turn a 1/8" plug into a 1/4" plug, and vice versa.

My advice would be: get some 1/8" patch cables, and use adapters to plug them into 1/4" jacks. If you try to run 1/4" jacks into adapters, the weight of the plug (and often the cable) will over strain the 1/8" jack.

I prefer 1/4" plugs and jacks on everything, myself, but a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1