MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

possible issue with my sos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author possible issue with my sos
blungo2
It's almost certainly me doing something dumb, but lately it seemed like my sos wasn't really putting out any delay through the either the mix or delay channels. The clean channel didn't sound much different unless i cranked the rate almost fully ccw.

If i patch a plague bearer into the insert though, it comes alive with wonderful delay sounds. I'm running my QMMG out through it. I wonder if it's a gain issue with the QMMG by itself not having enough gain to fully drive the sos?

Any opinions?
flight
blungo2 wrote:
It's almost certainly me doing something dumb, but lately it seemed like my sos wasn't really putting out any delay through the either the mix or delay channels.The clean channel didn't sound much different unless i cranked the rate almost fully ccw.
Well, the clean channel shouldn't change in sound much from the original input. There may be a little variation as it is not completely isolated from the Mix portion, but that should be it.
Quote:
If i patch a plague bearer into the insert though, it comes alive with wonderful delay sounds. I'm running my QMMG out through it. I wonder if it's a gain issue with the QMMG by itself not having enough gain to fully drive the sos?

Any opinions?

Could you describe this patch in more detail? What is going into the PB? And do you keep the Insert knob all the way CW when not using the insert jack?
blungo2
Sorry, i meant the mix channel.

It's the output of the QMMG going into the sos then to a mixer and out to the amp.

Hmmm, that might be it. I "think" i had the insert fully ccw when not using the insert, that's probably the problem.... d'oh!
flight
I hope so, keep me posted!
blungo2
Thanks for the help! Wil do.
blungo2
Yep, that was it. eye r dumb...
flight
Nah, not dumb, it's a weird configuration. I'm just happy it's not defective!
blungo2
Me too! It is an awesome sounding delay, pretty much perfect for me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1