MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Sound of Shadows Barebones Pack (SoSBP) update.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Author Sound of Shadows Barebones Pack (SoSBP) update.
flight
The SoSBP will be available very soon (a week or two). It has passed the final testing, now I just need to finish moving and build some (and complete the manual for it).
It will include an assembled & tested board, 10 jacks, 6 pots, 6 knobs, 1 interface connector, 1 power connector (Doepfer- or MOTM-style), an 18" bundle of 24AWG wire, and will cost $125.00 + $6.50S&H (Continental USA), $14.50 (Most international addresses).

I am accepting early orders now, but keep in mind that I will be offline for a few days while my internet account is being transferred to the new place, and that moving is a royal PIA which always takes longer than expected.
Payment via PayPal to paypal-at-flightofharmony-dot-com, please state that you are ordering the SoSBP and which power connector you desire in the notes section.
megamouse
+1 on the BP, you know I'm ordering it!

FYI: I should have my Plague bearer all painted by tonight and will be sending you pics/posting them here!
flight
megamouse wrote:
+1 on the BP, you know I'm ordering it!

FYI: I should have my Plague bearer all painted by tonight and will be sending you pics/posting them here!

Excellent, and I'm looking forward to the pictures!

To all:
I'm almost fully moved in and SoSBP supplies are en route, so the SoSBP are now available. Lead time is 1-2 weeks. If you intend to purchase any in the future, please let me know so I can gauge volume and have enough parts on-hand.
money bags
ill take one.
carynrich
so i'm building the barebones pack in 5U format and have a few questions.

1) the resistor for the VCA CV looks like its 120 ohms at 1% tolerance. the documentation doesn't state the value, just a picture (looks like brown-red-black-black-brown).

2) one of the pots supplied with the kit is exponential (A100K), the documentation doesn't state which pot this is but i'm assuming that its the VCA level?

thanks in advance, richard.
flight
Oops, sorry. I'll update the instructions as well. d'oh!
carynrich wrote:
so i'm building the barebones pack in 5U format and have a few questions.

1) the resistor for the VCA CV looks like its 120 ohms at 1% tolerance. the documentation doesn't state the value, just a picture (looks like brown-red-black-black-brown).

100kΩ 1% (tolerance really isn't crucial though). I meant to include one, sorry for forgetting. Want me to ship you one?
Quote:
2) one of the pots supplied with the kit is exponential (A100K), the documentation doesn't state which pot this is but i'm assuming that its the VCA level?

thanks in advance, richard.

That is the Rate pot.
Mood Organ
If anyone makes one of these for Frac, please please post here with photos and maybe even some audio!!! thumbs up
carynrich
thanks for the info flight! was going to order a 120 ohm resistor as i didnt have any on hand but now i can finish it tonight. awesome!
flight
Hey y'all, I finally got around to testing the SoSBP and it runs perfectly fine from ±9V to ±15V. Also, the SoSBP also has the MOTM 4-pin power connector by default.
haricots
Hey Flight, not sure if I missed out on this one, but are there any BB kits left?
tobias
pm'd!
flight
haricots wrote:
Hey Flight, not sure if I missed out on this one, but are there any BB kits left?

None built, but plenty of parts. I try to always keep BP parts on-hand. They are often just built when ordered, but I try to make a couple extra at the same time, just to have ready.
flight
Just to let y'all know, I'm building another batch of the SoSBP starting tonight so, if you want one sooner than later, now's the time to order one.
tragedybysyntax
I"m trying to decide to order one or two for my euro...... decided to make my euro for fx only and two of these would RIP with banana jacks smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Flight of Harmony  
Page 1 of 1