MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Live Sampler Module?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Author Live Sampler Module?
gwpt
Only just saw this one, wow, this looks great. Very interested hyper hyper
Sandrine
It is, can't wait to finish and do vids and such!
Sandrine
Here's the Sampler section prototype board, finally! ..now I can put the original sampler back the way it was and stuff it back into the SIAB project.

It gives you an idea of what a DIY challenge that section would be. I wish all the chip manufacturers could've continued with SOIC. That was a nice size.
The giant chip is 54 pins @ 0.8mm pitch.

Still pretty manageable with a good soldering iron. The fairly large chip to the right is 0.65 pitch, which can be soldered with a very fine tip/good quality station. The vertical is 0.50, which is a "dual solder" where 2 pins end up soldered, then the iron is moved down onto the trace so expel the excess solder, and hopefully the shorted pins will separate!
Otherwise, a hot air station is required. I'll always give it a go with the iron first.

The 40 pin chip on the left looks giant! But I want a socket on that.

BTW, for anyone interested, for prototype & one-off boards I use pre-sensitized board. I print up 2 transparencies and tape one to the other for extra light blocking, then, printed is reverse, lay the toner side down on the board and expose for 5 minutes (MG Chemicals board)

If a glass sheet is used, then weighted down with rocks or whatever, the impression is always very good.

Sizing is done by measuring the board on the screen, once shrunk down in the software (I use Macromedia Flash to draw the boards, always the same scale) then adjust the printer size to match.

Then a test print is done..

and chips placed on it to ensure the scale is right.

It's kind of out of the ordinary, but in 1 day (or 2 as it was here) I can design a board and have components on it by the next day. 1 day service! Can't beat that applause
ObfuscatedVisuals
Sandrine wrote:
Here's the Sampler section prototype board, finally! ..now I can put the original sampler back the way it was and stuff it back into the SIAB project.

Looks awesome? Any updates on this?
Sandrine
Yep! I started a new thread to lessen confusion hehe

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150299&postdays=0&po storder=asc&start=0
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 [all]
Page 5 of 5