MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Nice Job Mouser--edit WOW
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Author Nice Job Mouser--edit WOW
decaying.sine
I ordered 12 lovely 30" vector rails from mouser and they were shipped promptly. However they came in a huge tube with barely no bubble wrap and the end of the tube was open and barely hanging on by a piece of tape. two of the rails were bent. very frustrating

It's soft metal so I am sure I can bend them back since it is minor, but still... Use some freaking packing material!
money bags
i just got a $600 order from them. half of it is not my order! and im missing lots of parts. for sure this gets under my skin but ive come to expect it from them.

they should pay to have you send them back(if t hey want them) and they should air mail you new ones. just be firm, not nasty.

lots of times i have wondered who packs and pulls parts for shipping at mouser. im sure they get paid so little it's rude.
decaying.sine
I just got off the phone from with Mouser. I told them that the damage was very minimal and I could probably fix it myself, but it might be difficult for me. The customer service rep told me this is not a problem sir. I am going to send you two brand new 30" rails immediately, and you can keep the damaged ones. We're sorry about this, and thank you for purchasing with Mouser!

WOW
decaying.sine
Phone conversation with customer service rep took 4 minutes. They answered immediately too at almost 8pm EST.

I received a $0 charge order confirmation email exactly 1 minute after I got off of the phone.

How's that for taking care of customers!
decaying.sine
money bags wrote:
i just got a $600 order from them. half of it is not my order! and im missing lots of parts. for sure this gets under my skin but ive come to expect it from them.

they should pay to have you send them back(if t hey want them) and they should air mail you new ones. just be firm, not nasty.

lots of times i have wondered who packs and pulls parts for shipping at mouser. im sure they get paid so little it's rude.

Sorry to hear about your order. I have noticed some other weird things from them too. I always chalked it up to "drunk mouser ordering" but it turns out they make mistakes!

I was very very nice on the phone and the customer service rep told me I could have any shipping I wanted.

I was feeling kind of sexy, you know, getting all these things I want. I was about to ask her for square nuts to go with those rails...hubba hubba hihi
Luka
mouser are great
i am loving that i can get shipments to australia for free and it only takes 3 working days after order to recieve my parcel
money bags
haha! told you it would be ok only problem is having to wait!
I have fucked up some order but over the past few months i have become pretty good at it. its supper bad when they fuck up and you fuck up! also if you do fuck up they will take things back up to a month after ordering so its really not that bad. only problem is....YOU HAVE TO WAIT!
also noticed the larger the order the more likely they will get it wrong. never had any problems with orders under 50 parts. but every larger order has been a pain.
loydb
Mouser is in the same state -- anything I order up until about 6 PM is on my porch the next day using the cheapest shipping. nanners
decaying.sine
loydb wrote:
Mouser is in the same state -- anything I order up until about 6 PM is on my porch the next day using the cheapest shipping. nanners

That is awesome and very convenient.
qu.one
I got six 30" rails coming my way - maybe I can get a few free ;^)
NV
It's relatively common for Mouser to screw up something in my order (shipping 11 of a component instead of 12, sending a component with the wrong value, etc), but they've always been pretty quick and easy about fixing it. Same with DigiKey and others. It's sort of a part of ordering components that I've just gotten used to, and I think they have too.

A word of advice - always double check the values of components with a multimeter. Nothing worse than spending forever trying to suss out why something isn't working as it should, only to realize it's because they mislabeled a bag of parts in your order and you just assumed they were the labeled value.
decaying.sine
qu.one wrote:

I felt like a little bitch boy and was just going to ask for an exchange, but then... methinks it's my sexy voice whispering t-struts and nuts, screw in your module and move your butt. nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners
JohnLRice
decaying.sine wrote:
qu.one wrote:

I felt like a little bitch boy and was just going to ask for an exchange, but then... methinks it's my sexy voice whispering t-struts and nuts, screw in your module and move your butt. nanners nanners nanners nanners nanners

HAWT!!!! Dinner at the Y
haricots
They've never screwed up a single part in my experience so far. I had one package that didn't arrive after 10 weeks of waiting and they credited my account which was nice. They recommend not using USPS to deliver to Canada though so my last order was $20 shipping (Fedex - it did arrive in 1 day however).
neandrewthal
decaying.sine wrote:
loydb wrote:

That is awesome and very convenient.

Hehe, same with me and Digikey from Minnesota to Ontario. If I order before 8pm, even later sometimes, its here by the time I wake up the next day applause
bonusplays
I straight up never received a Mouser order once and called them about it. Turns out it was UPS's fault (and they resolved it quickly), but man, the Mouser customer service people were so nice on the phone and were keeping me constantly updated for a $50 order!

Now about that website ordering interface...
money bags
1 day for a package to CANADA! why the hell do i have to wait 5 days for a package to get to me in Chicago using UPS? this city is FUCKED!

someone at the post office signed my name off on a order for 6 vactrols from allied. needless to say i was at work when they where picked up. even though the package states allied ELECTRONICS all over it(i think advertising on your packing supplies is bad idea) they didnt get that new iphone they where hopping for.
money bags
Quote:
Now about that website ordering interface...

haha

one time everything DOUBLED in quantity. now that was a bitch!
fonik
i once ordered some sample parts (knobs) from mouser, and they simply forgot to put one certain knob into the package. wrote one email and 3 days later i had the knob - mouser paid 60USD for FedEx Express to ship this 1USD knob to europe (saw the postage on the package)! this is crazy, however, i am happy...
decaying.sine
fonik wrote:
i once ordered some sample parts (knobs) from mouser, and they simply forgot to put one certain knob into the package. wrote one email and 3 days later i had the knob - mouser paid 60USD for FedEx Express to ship this 1USD knob to europe (saw the postage on the package)! this is crazy, however, i am happy...

eek!
paults
In 20 years of ordering from Mouser I think they meesed up twice. Both times it was fixed *immediately* with zero hassle. And I live about 20 miles from them. I've had to jump in the car and blast over there for 'will-call pickup' several times to make a deadline. They are awesome.

I also love Allied because I live 4 miles from them, been a customer since 1977 (gulp!) and they treat me REALLY well with pricing. For certain things they are cheaper than Mouser or Digikey but not "book" price (I have 'OEM status' because I buy over $5,000/year from them so I pay about 30% less than a regular customer).
p23
I few years ago I ordered some parts from Mouser, and a few days later they charged me over $1400.00 for some other persons order! I had just got paid, and they effectively wiped out my checking account. I called Mouser and they where completely lost, and they had already shipped the wrong order out to me. I had to wait for the order to arrive so I could deny it, and then wait some more for the order to get back to Mouser before they would refund my money. It took over a week before I got my money back. I was not happy. I still order from Mouser, it's hard not to. I have been a customer for over ten years. Their customer service has gotten MUCH better.
money bags
Quote:

And that is why they probably pay the packing department minimum wage.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY  
Page 1 of 1