MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Yamaha Reface
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Author Yamaha Reface
Synthmatic
Saw this on Synthtopia. Yamaha analog?

https://yamahasynth.com/
n_m
Likely modelling of this here pile with a luxury keyboard.

Summer NAMM?
dopefiend
Shit!! There's mention of piano-like keys and of the "pipe dream" of owning a CS-80, and the background music sounds like the CS-80/60/50 ring modulator.......sounds way too good to be true!!!! woah woah love love
de_raaf
kind makes me think that yamaha is going the aira route maybe?
winterhater
yamaha doesnt make me think of techno like roland or korg, im curious to see what they have come up with
Luap
oops, vid is already there in the first post, ignore smile
Paranormal Patroler
Definitely curious.

Quote:
Get ready to create your sound any place, any time

Sounds like a promise for hands-on UI to me.
IR
de_raaf wrote:
kind makes me think that yamaha is going the aira route maybe?
probably, based on the silly name they chose it would seem to be some kind of virtual thing
Vacancy Of Disco
keeping my expectations low...hardware controller for cs80 vst.
Funky40
edited: sorry, total pointless post
( i was folled by the countdown )

not expecting much.
as others do: a "VST" with UI. The name indeed suggests it.
Sammymyman
Hi smile first post here. I think that Yamaha may truly suprise us here. Maybe even take the korg route with a smaller version CS80. Fingers crossed!
Fidgit
"I’m working with Yamaha on a project right now; I can’t say what it is, but it’s pretty crazy. This synthesizer has new technology that’s never been implemented before, so it’s totally alien to anything I’ve ever used. I’ve had to spend a few weeks just understanding the architecture of it. "

- Richard Devine
flo
Well that sounds interesting thumbs up
Morley
Interesting...
johny_gtr
imho this teaser doesn't create any GAS value. A lot of chat and unknown people faces, music on background. Please more MOOG-style demos or MOS-LAB live playing videos.
h4ndcrafted
I kind of hope it is virtual and a new take, bc these reissues aren't really doing it for me, at least the ones i've tried.

Save the BS2, but than thats not having to compete with golden era synths, so has less to live up to.
nickster
Interesting! eek! Just looking at the video what I can glean is. A CS type Ring Modulator. Controls that look like the paddle switches used on the CS synths and a keyboard that looked like it had piano style keys but this was difficult to determine.
I have high hopes for Yamaha bringing out something truly interesting. But we will all have to wait and see.
StereoNode
Just a guess here.. Refacing of the Yamaha PSR-273, now w/ a sweet new ringmod, re-amped "studio kit" as well??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmip1ZL5h0k

Rockin' Banana!
flabby
StereoNode wrote:
Just a guess here.. Refacing of the Yamaha PSR-273, now w/ a sweet new ringmod, re-amped "studio kit" as well??

Rockin' Banana!

hihi

They said it was portable, which in this day and age means it's got to be SUPER - small! …. and have usb. Maybe we'll be getting a FM DX Necktie

dopefiend
flabby wrote:
StereoNode wrote:

Rockin' Banana!

hihi

They said it was portable, which in this day and age means it's got to be SUPER - small! …. and have usb. Maybe we'll be getting a FM DX Necktie
]

Uh, I didn't hear anything about it being portable..... seriously, i just don't get it
They should enter the analog resurgence race with a digital FM engine of X number of operators, which could then make waves that could be processed through true analog re-issues of the CS-80 filters....give it more EG's and LFO's than the original CS had... Give it lots of sliders and knobs. Give it a ribbon controller and a semi-weighted keyboard with poly aftertouch...oh, and sell it for less than a Music Ea$el..

Arghhhhhhhhhhh Drunken Homer Simpson
StereoNode
dopefiend wrote:
flabby wrote:
StereoNode wrote:

Rockin' Banana!

hihi

]

Uh, I didn't hear anything about it being portable..... seriously, i just don't get it
They should enter the analog resurgence race with a digital FM engine of X number of operators, which could then make waves that could be processed through true analog re-issues of the CS-80 filters....give it more EG's and LFO's than the original CS had... Give it lots of sliders and knobs. Give it a ribbon controller and a semi-weighted keyboard with poly aftertouch...oh, and sell it for less than a Music Ea$el..

"Get ready to create your sound any place, any time."... Honestly, I want to create "My Sound" in my studio... with a big ass synth! The fact that is portable already bums me out, I just want a CS80, and I know the second I buy one, THATS when Yamaha will release the reissue. fml Russian Roulette
StereoNode
So after doing some internet recon, I can definitely say that it is 4 different synths (Red,Black,White,Brown), modeled after some of there older synths (CS80,DX7 ect).. they look pretty small, the red one is blurry in the picture, but you can clearly see the old CS switches on it. Richard Devine said some pretty wild things about it, don't know much else Guinness ftw!
dopefiend
StereoNode wrote:
dopefiend wrote:
flabby wrote:
StereoNode wrote:

Rockin' Banana!

hihi

]

"Get ready to create your sound any place, any time."... Honestly, I want to create "My Sound" in my studio... with a big ass synth! The fact that is portable already bums me out, I just want a CS80, and I know the second I buy one, THATS when Yamaha will release the reissue. fml Russian Roulette

As much as I love my CS80, the damn thing is WAY too big and heavy. If I lived in a bigger house and had a more tolerant wife, then it would not be a problem... I ended up selling it to a really nice dude in NH, to make room for a Korg PS-3200, which has now turned into a lovely Rhodes Chroma w/Enabler, and that already exceeds the quota of massive instruments for an 1,800-cubic ft. pigeon hole (I've been pushing my luck with the Roland V-Piano, the Kronos, the Voyager OS and all the modular shit!)...I would love to buy it back, but my wife would divorce me... cry That's why I would not mind a smaller iteration of it.. hyper
basicbasic
My guess: A bunch of (decent) emulations of analog and FM classics with various hardware/interface plug-out options that are all running the same modular backend (ala Nord Modular) which can be re-configured every which way (but loose). There will be a CS-XX 'preset', a DX 'preset', a drum machine 'preset', a sampler 'preset' etc (all with optional hardware controllers - collect the set!) but you can rewire all this via software (a little like the Roland Aira effect modules).
tIB
Please be a reasonably small format knobby FM synth.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next [all]
Page 1 of 20