MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Yamaha Reface
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author Yamaha Reface
ignatius
tIB wrote:
Please be a reasonably small format knobby FM synth.

_exactly_ what i'd like to see... but i'm not going to get my hopes up.
nickster
Then there's this

https://youtu.be/o2YjEqo5wBw

https://youtu.be/_Gwq3Ygx3Nc
ignatius
nickster wrote:
Then there's this

https://youtu.be/o2YjEqo5wBw

https://youtu.be/_Gwq3Ygx3Nc

this too

https://youtu.be/PaBMmg-hdcc
nickster
My take so far is small minikeyed boxes with software generated sound. Elements of which can be possibly combined a la Arturia Origin. So nothing hardware wise that really jumps up and grabs my attention. They lost me at minikeys. And nothing software wise that is not already available. But for the gigging musician perhaps there is something useful. Bit of a disappointment. sad banana Was hoping for so much more from Yamaha.
nickster
"....this too

https://youtu.be/PaBMmg-hdcc[/quote]"

Ha Ha! nanners This cheered me up no end, thanks!
ignatius
nickster wrote:
My take so far is small minikeyed boxes with software generated sound. Elements of which can be possibly combined a la Arturia Origin. So nothing hardware wise that really jumps up and grabs my attention. They lost me at minikeys. And nothing software wise that is not already available. But for the gigging musician perhaps there is something useful. Bit of a disappointment. sad banana Was hoping for so much more from Yamaha.

if one of them is a small FM synth with knobs.. i'll have a look..

i guess.. we'll see.
porphyrion
The physical modelling of the VL1 with a great logically layed out interface would be on the top of my list (FS1R next). I can dream, right...
koam
I was initially irrationally excited by this, because Yamaha, but these (disingenuous, overproduced, annoying) videos are killing any interest I had before we've even seen the thing.

As soon as the talking heads trot out the word "revolutionary" my brain turns off. If only product announcements went like this:

"We are Yamaha. We've made this new synth. It sounds like this, works like this and looks like this. We think its really good because <insert reasons 1 - 3>. Its available on XYZ date for ABC amount of varied human currencies."
fano
are those people real or are they extras?
nickster
fano wrote:
are those people real or are they extras?

I think I recognize one of them but I can't believe it is him so perhaps it is not and just a look alike. Either I need Guinness ftw! or better glasses or both.
Rigo
nickster wrote:
Either I need Guinness ftw! or better glasses or both.

Since this is Muffs it will be both hihi
Would Yamaha make something not derived from Motif ? They can surprise me, no problem.
FrankV
"...but it seems like a piano player made the keys."

You're right madam, you really can't describe it. WTF. Nice try, though. Maybe next time slip in "very unique" to your monologue?

The tease marketing strategy doesn't really work for me. Clearly it works for them.

At any rate, despite sounding like a grumpasaurus, I'm actually quite interested to see what the product[s] end up being...

Staying tuned!

FV
neuroportal
The problem is, firms employ marketing departments. Marketing departments live in a world of marketing agencies, hype and expense accounts...so they get carried away and fail to impress the very people they want to buy this stuff.

Personally I would prefer "hey, look what we did!" and if it is genuinely cool, it will sell.

I mean look at the beatstep pro. Not even out yet!
flabby
ignatius wrote:
tIB wrote:
Please be a reasonably small format knobby FM synth.

_exactly_ what i'd like to see... but i'm not going to get my hopes up.

Yeah I'm secretly holding out for an updated version of the DX200.
Paranormal Patroler
neuroportal wrote:
The problem is, firms employ marketing departments. Marketing departments live in a world of marketing agencies, hype and expense accounts...so they get carried away and fail to impress the very people they want to buy this stuff.

Personally I would prefer "hey, look what we did!" and if it is genuinely cool, it will sell.

I mean look at the beatstep pro. Not even out yet!

I totally agree, and I work with marketing people. This style is soooo last decade. With information being freakishly fast who has the time to give a fuck these days? Either tell me what this is or sod off. I'm totally interested too see what Yamaha makes, but I am not excited.
thevegasnerve
I think one teaser would have been sufficient. That being said, I am expecting a digital synth with replaceable faces, as crazy as that is to envision. At least that would be interesting depending on the sound...
CF3
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
Either tell me what this is or sod off.

Amen.
What are you selling? Oh another "emulation" product, fantastic meh
So, you say it's "revolutionary" do you? How so?
Where is the specs and hi-res pics of the front AND BACK?

Stop wasting everyone's time and spit it out already.
stinkfist
Ha ha - its mad innit ... Talk about stretching it out..

It better be good !!
koam
Either tell me what this is or sod off.

applause

I'd have that on a t-shirt smile
Paranormal Patroler
I see they added a hashtag. Good work Yamaha! Maybe we can follow the trends in MW and use hashtags. I'll be the first. How about this: #refaceyourmarketing
thebot
I see they added a hashtag. Good work Yamaha! Maybe we can follow the trends in MW and use hashtags. I'll be the first. How about this: #refaceyourmarketing

#refacethewallonthenaughtystep
brackets
I'm preety sure it will be a "DX" revival
StereoNode
I swear... If the CS80 ends up being that white one.. someone is going to pay Exxxcellent
mmp
visible cow
I don't see many (any?) knobs on that DX style synth....they wouldn't do that to me, would they?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 2 of 21